Capitalism Lab Post-Release Beta version 5.1.14 Patch

General Discussions about new beta versions of Capitalism Lab
Lerura
Level 2 user

Re: Capitalism Lab Post-Release Beta version 5.1.08 Patch

#31 Post by Lerura » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:02 am

The Software Factory worked perfectly.
And after programming File Compressor I was also able to change the factorys product.
But I was still not able to build a new software factory.

I started thinking about whether there was interference from the Release Version (without Digital Age), that was also installed.
So I uninstalled both versions an reinstalled only the Post-Release Beta Version.
And now there are no problems at all.

So it looks like the Post-Release reads some files from the Release Version if it is installed too.
And the reason could be that the 2 versions somehow shares an entry in the registry.

David
Site Admin

Re: Capitalism Lab Post-Release Beta version 5.1.09 Patch

#32 Post by David » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:21 pm

I have uploaded the entire folder containing the Capitalism Lab that I used for creating the save game file that I sent you earlier.

You could download it from here:
http://12299.cdn.beyondhosting.net/capl ... abTest.rar

Then extract it to another folder and run CapStart.exe.

Since you will be using the files that are identical to my version, I suppose that you will no longer encounter the item_res[] error. Please give it a try and see if it works out for you.

Lerura
Level 2 user

Re: Capitalism Lab Post-Release Beta version 5.1.09 Patch

#33 Post by Lerura » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:09 pm

No need to. As I also said in my latest reply, everything works perfectly now.
After I uninstalled the "Capitalism Lab - Realease version" I have not encountered any problems at all.

Exactly why the Release Version caused problems in the Post-Release Beta Version I can't tell, but i had my guesses.

There but noticed 2 glitches:
1) When setting up an Internet Company, you have to set the web business type.
Here the last 3 choices have wrong labels.
When choosing "Hotel Booking Site" you get an "Online Auction Site"
Choosing "Car Rental Booking Site" you get a "Hotel Booking Site"
And Choosing "Video on Demand" you get a "Car Rental Booking Site"

2) When choosing to have only 1 "Industrial Seaport" it imports 9 or more semiproducts, but only 7 of them are shown when you hover the Seaport.
When entering the seaport you can see that it in addition to those shown when hovering, also import 2 or more Raw Materials

David
Site Admin

Re: Capitalism Lab Post-Release Beta version 5.1.10 Patch

#34 Post by David » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:58 am

No need to. As I also said in my latest reply, everything works perfectly now.
After I uninstalled the "Capitalism Lab - Realease version" I have not encountered any problems at all.

Exactly why the Release Version caused problems in the Post-Release Beta Version I can't tell, but i had my guesses.
The two versions actually accesses files from different folders. Not sure why it happened.
There but noticed 2 glitches:
1) When setting up an Internet Company, you have to set the web business type.
Here the last 3 choices have wrong labels.
When choosing "Hotel Booking Site" you get an "Online Auction Site"
Choosing "Car Rental Booking Site" you get a "Hotel Booking Site"
And Choosing "Video on Demand" you get a "Car Rental Booking Site"
I have tested these 3 types of Internet companies and they were all set up correctly in accordance to my choices.

Are you using the latest version?

Perhaps you could send me your save game file if the problem persists.
2) When choosing to have only 1 "Industrial Seaport" it imports 9 or more semiproducts, but only 7 of them are shown when you hover the Seaport.
When entering the seaport you can see that it in addition to those shown when hovering, also import 2 or more Raw Materials
This issue will be fixed in the next patch v5.1.11.

Lerura
Level 2 user

Re: Capitalism Lab Post-Release Beta version 5.1.10 Patch

#35 Post by Lerura » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:56 pm

I am using 5.1.10 on 5.0.09

I made a mistake when writing the list of choices and results.
Hotel Booking gives me Stock Trading not Auction Site.

I checked on http://www.capitalismlab.com/digital-ag ... companies/ and according to this the choice for Online StockTrading is missing from my list.
So in relation to the position of the buttons on the list, the result is correct (9th button from the top should give Stock Trading) the label are obviously shifted one place at the button on the list

David
Site Admin

Re: Capitalism Lab Post-Release Beta version 5.1.11 Patch

#36 Post by David » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:03 pm

I also tested it by selecting Hotel Booking Site from the list and it worked without problems too.

Any you using any MOD?

Did anyone else encounter this problem?

Lerura
Level 2 user

#37 Post by Lerura » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:11 pm

I happens whether I am using mods or not.
Are you seeing the Button labeled Online Stock trading on your list ???? 'cause i do not.
And are you using a scratch installation from the currently avaialable installation file for 5.0.09 ????

#38 Post by Guest » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:08 am

OK so lastnight I accidentally resintalled and DIDNT update but went on to play the Real World mod and noticed that on the stats page where software and such was there was also DIGITAL which very handily told me how many PC users there were and how many of them used the net ... allowing for smart consideration when it came to telecom.

When I install 5.1.xxx it disappears ... is this an oversight or is that info nested elsewhere because it's a sorta backwards step to have removed it imo.

Thanks to whoever can answer!

Obiwan

#39 Post by Obiwan » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:18 am

apologies I am not sure why I was not logged in when I posted that but just wanted to clarify it is the "Information Center"

I have no idea why this would be removed but what is really frustrating me is that I see no mention of it being removed between the 5.09 patch notes and any patch note on the main post of this thread .... I have no idea why no one has mentioned it either.

For reference:

Version 5.0.11
Integrated the Digital report into City report.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4647

I cannot even download the link so its almost as if somewhere between 5.0.12 and 5.1.xxx this feature got discarded but there is no mention of it.

David
Site Admin

#40 Post by David » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:25 am