Digital Age DLC - Script - Setting number of competitors

General Discussions about new beta versions of Capitalism Lab
ezzeqiel
Level 2 user

Digital Age DLC - Script - Setting number of competitors

Post by ezzeqiel »

I cannot set the number of Digital Age DLC AI companies in a script. It always adds 20 ai companies (Digital Age DLC related) to the number I set on my script.

[COMPETITORS]
Number of Competitors=x

Game always sets AI competitors to x+20

In the website http://www.capitalismlab.com/scripts/sc ... mpetitors/ there's no information about Digital Age DLC (while there's for the other DLCs)

It also happens in the regular game options. The game will always add 20 Digital Age companies to whatever numbers I select on the options.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Digital Age DLC - Script - Setting number of competitors

Post by David »

For gameplay balance purposes, there is an independent AI company specializing in each type of software and Internet in the Digital Age DLC. Without these companies, the competition will be much less and the game will be too easy, making it substantially less fun to play with.

Therefore it is a fixed setting for adding these independent AI companies in Digital Age DLC and cannot be overridden by a script.

Post by Guest »

David wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:27 am the game will be too easy, making it substantially less fun to play with.
I'd like to be the one who decides that.

Please make it moddable, because for me it is less fun to play as it is right now.
ezzeqiel
Level 2 user

Post by ezzeqiel »

David wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:27 am the game will be too easy, making it substantially less fun to play with.
I'd like to be the one who decides that.

Please make it moddable, because for me it is less fun to play as it is right now.

Thanks for fast reply tho ;)
Reaver

Post by Reaver »

I completely agree with the previous comments, I would like to be able to set the number of competitors as well. Why have it as an option in the standard game but not for the DLC. I hate the fact that there are these huge IT companies from the get-go! Makes the DLC feel pointless because you can never be the top company. :evil:
David

Post by David »

You may want to know that the dev team has been working on configurable script options for limiting the number of AI companies focusing on software and Internet business. We should be able to release a new version in the coming week with the aforementioned script support.
Reaver

Post by Reaver »

David wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:33 am You may want to know that the dev team has been working on configurable script options for limiting the number of AI companies focusing on software and Internet business. We should be able to release a new version in the coming week with the aforementioned script support.
That's great news, thanks David. :D
David

Post by David »

We have just released patch v5.2.00, which you may download from: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4768

Version 5.2.00
For Digital Age DLC:
A new option for setting limits the maximum number of AI software and Internet companies in a game. A lower value means an easier game.
See the attached screenshot.

Script support: http://www.capitalismlab.com/scripts/script-dlcs/

Max AI software and Internet companies=<number>
This option limits the maximum number of AI software and Internet companies in a game. A lower value means an easier game.

You may set the limits for software and Internet companies separately using the following lines:
Max AI software companies = <number>
Max AI OS companies = <number>
Max AI Internet companies = <number>
Attachments
Digital Age New Game settings.png
Digital Age New Game settings.png (722.2 KiB) Viewed 953 times
ezzeqiel
Level 2 user

Post by ezzeqiel »

Thank you very much david !!...

I'm happy to keep supporting this game where user feedback is heard.

Keep up the good work.