Glitch: can a company have negative land and resources

General Discussions about new beta versions of Capitalism Lab
markyears
Level 2 user

Glitch: can a company have negative land and resources

Post by markyears »

I found a glitch in 5.0.12. My company has a negative "land and natural resources". I think it should be impossible to have negative asset.
negative_asset.png
negative_asset.png (195.26 KiB) Viewed 642 times
I'm also attaching the save file.

My own company never built any firm or purchased any land. My intention is to make a great holding company. For some reason, I merged with a controlled company, and sell all its firms to another subsidiary. Then I found out my own company has negative "land and natural resources". Besides, I found out this number (absolute value) increased once.
Attachments
SKYE_002.zip
(3.4 MiB) Downloaded 56 times
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Glitch: can a company have negative land and resources

Post by David »

It is quite difficult to trace the problem after the transaction has occurred. If you have an earlier save game where the land resource value is still positive and after a certain transaction (one that you are aware of) it becomes negative, it will help us track down the bug.
markyears
Level 2 user

Re: Glitch: can a company have negative land and resources

Post by markyears »

David wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:13 am It is quite difficult to trace the problem after the transaction has occurred. If you have an earlier save game where the land resource value is still positive and after a certain transaction (one that you are aware of) it becomes negative, it will help us track down the bug.
Unfortunately, I don't have an earlier save file.

I will try to get it reproduced. It should have nothing to do with the merger. Just when you transfer a company's every firm to another company, it can happen.