Got some questions about new features

General Discussions about new beta versions of Capitalism Lab
Kapseljd
Level 2 user

Got some questions about new features

Post by Kapseljd »

Hello, Love the Game playing sinds the first one 20 years ago or so xD
Forgive my english please hahaha
After some time of absent i started playing the game again and bought all DLC.
But got some questions.

2)Custumization
Well i make bed's, got 10 city's so 10 production lines. and i research them in R&D. now the R&D finisht and took form of the new pics automaticly resulting in dat the factorys produce the new ones. but the retail stores are still locked on the old moddel and had to manually change al the purchaging units this sucks, so i went on reading the website and see that the new one gets its own segment. i get it a cheaper model is intressting but the share the same marketshare? would be nice if there could be a tutorial of how to work with that or a youtube video to understand the mechanics.
So my question is why do i need to reconnect the new better beds to every purchage unit (there are very many) and doesnt it go automaticly like that?

2)Talent System and R&D
i read the explenation a couple of times but stil dont get it xD
first come first served, is that the idia of this setup? and if not you have to pay alot for headhunting correct?
there are to less talented people, are there spawning new ones from time to time?

There are some points about R&D i wanted to ask
so what if i want to invent everything how does that work with the talent system, because there limited job persons?
do i have to build 500 R&D to research everything? or is it possible to multifloor R&D or a Bigger office building for R&D .
i personally dont like to wanna micromanaging this kind of R&D its wil take a whole year of RL time xD i want to build my company R&D you have a CTO for. but he needs to Research what you want. how does that work with the talent system? does he raise the salerys and stuf like that because people still resign even if you have a great CTO

3)Digital age DLC
I did some runs and see a trend in that almost every compagny is exploring the Digital age DLC. could this over saturate the purpose of the DLC? why would the all be intressted in this even if it is way out of there field. <-- or is this just my opinion and it is normal xD

4)e-commerce
Could anyone explain the pricing of this? is the price best on sale price factory or retail, would say retail price and then a little discount. but dont know how this is procest in game.

5)game speed
After time passes the game speed slows down dramaticly, i know it had to make more calculations because of the expanding companys.
is er a way to speed this up? like a better videocard or better other hardware? with 30 competitors and me in a 10 city compagny is going full fast ^^

6)15 city's
i dont remember where but i read somewhere that its possible to have up to 15 city's thought it was in the mod section. is it?

Hope you can read and understand what i was trying to ask and hope that you could explain it to me.
Thanks.
John aka. Kapseljd
Dutch (the Netherlands)
Lerura
Level 3 user

Re: Got some questions about new features

Post by Lerura »

1) Customization.
To Change to the new product.
-> Select one of units purchasing the old product.
-> Select the new product from the list.
-> Click the "Batch" button
Now you enter a screen where all building of the same type are listed.
Click the "Batch Switching Supplier" button
Yiou now get a message telling how many units that have been changed.
-> Klik "Ok" and right click to leave the screen.
Now all units that purchased the old product is now buying the new product.

If you change to a different product that is not supported by some of the building those would not be changed.
So if e.g. you have a Department Store and a Jewelry and Watch both selling Silver Necklaces, and in the department store chnges it to leather bags, only the department store would change to the new product, as the jewelry and watch store can not sell Leather Goods, but if you change it to e.g. gold ring the both will be changed as both retail stores can sell gold rings.

2) Talent System
I tried using the CTO to manage a R&D center.
The CTO never raised the salary to meet a secure loyalty (80).
And worst: he she/she might drop the salaries instead.

The way I found out was that i had set all employees' salary tp 96,000 or more, which would be enough to secure 80 loyalty for a employee with skill 100.
After some years a got a message that one of my researchers had resigned. That didn't make sence as I had set a secure salary for ALL employees
I tried letting the CTO manage a R&D Center with 9 Skill 100 researchers on the same project.
At the end of the research period he changed the R&D, the duration and the training level, and dropped some of the salaries to as low as 14,000, resulting in a loyalty of 0-2 for all but 3 researchers, which was unchanged, and after a month 4 of the underpayed researchers resigned.

SO my advice set yourself as manager of R&D Centers and Software Companies. Make sure that all employees are payed 96,000+ and set the training to max.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Got some questions about new features

Post by David »

We have just released patch v5.1.10 which you may download from: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4768&sid=fc23ee9a1 ... c8dd862295

In this new version, CTO will now raise the salaries of researchers under the talent system in Digital Age DLC.