Digital Report NOT in the Digital DLC!!!???? @David screenshot with Digital DLC provided - STILL NO DIGITAL REPORT!!!!

General Discussions about new beta versions of Capitalism Lab
Obiwan
Level 2 user

Digital Report NOT in the Digital DLC!!!???? @David screenshot with Digital DLC provided - STILL NO DIGITAL REPORT!!!!

Post by Obiwan »

It should be noted that I made a reply to the post release beta thread where i was citing this but now that I did some digging and actually came up with what I believe to be the reason for it I wanted to make it an actual post where others can confirm the same problem and such.

I also really would love David to make this happen as going from 5.09 full to the 5.1.11 patch REALLY emphasises just how vital this info is to the Digital DLC and that it absolutely should not be City Eco DLC exclusive.

For reference:

Version 5.0.11
Integrated the Digital report into City report.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4647

somewhere between 5.0.12 and 5.1.xxx this feature got discarded but there is no mention of it.

EDIT: I think I figured it out. I did a google of "City report Cap Lab" and noted that screenshots were related to the CE DLC ... thing is I personally am not interested in that aspect and given how much conflict and the fact Real World mod itself doesn't require it was ammo for me that despite it likely being very well done as ever it wasn't what I enjoy about the game. I much rather have the AI handle the cities.

So I suspect that in integrating it into the City report it meant that anyone without that DLC lost access to it ... given that at one point we did have access to it is it too much to ask to request it be added to the city report regardless of the DLC???

I doubt many people have 2/3 DLC as I do so I am not surprised anymore that I am the first one to mention this. It's not that it's not good DLC it really sounds great but its not WHY I play this. I will be all over the banking DLC though :D

Thanks David really hope you can fix this ASAP.

TBH Having had a really good look at the city report showcased in the city DLC ... I really do not see why that has to be exclusive to that DLC given the complications it causes for the Digital Report. I don't understand why the Digital DLC cannot benefit from the same feature and just remove the GDP and City Eco Sim related aspects. City graph and Eco Graph are important to the base game and have always been in it ... shifting the Digital Report there and effectively removing it from the DLC that needs it most is bitterly unfair as is asking me to purchase a FULL DLC for nothing more than a brand new City report.

Please consider what I have put forward here. I love your game, I own sub and digital and will definitely buy banking but for me i play this to be a CEO not a mayor ... Thank you.
Last edited by Obiwan on Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Digital Report NOT in the Digital DLC!!!????

Post by David »

You could find the Digital Report under the City report even without the Digital Age DLC enabled. Please see the attached screenshot.
Attachments
digital report.jpg
digital report.jpg (364.59 KiB) Viewed 1195 times
Obiwan
Level 2 user

Post by Obiwan »

redacted
Last edited by Obiwan on Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Obiwan
Level 2 user

Post by Obiwan »

redacted
Last edited by Obiwan on Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Obiwan
Level 2 user

Post by Obiwan »

redacted
Last edited by Obiwan on Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
David

Re: Digital Report NOT in the Digital DLC!!!???? @David please see attached screenshots

Post by David »

In order to see the Digital Report, it is necessary to enable the Digital Age DLC, though it is not necessary to enable the City Economic Simulation DLC.
Obiwan
Level 2 user

Re: Digital Report NOT in the Digital DLC!!!???? @David please see attached screenshots

Post by Obiwan »

David please,

I understand 100% what you are telling me - this screenshot is proving that right now it is NOT the case.

I will delete the pictures with no DLC so you can see exactly what I am saying.

EDIT: Below screenshot is 5.1.11 with Digital DLC ENABLED - There is NO "Digital" listing in the city report. It is NOT there please look!
Attachments
Screenshot (141).png
Screenshot (141).png (3.3 MiB) Viewed 1176 times
David

Re: Digital Report NOT in the Digital DLC!!!???? @David screenshot with Digital DLC provided - STILL NO DIGITAL REPORT!!

Post by David »

We will get this bug fixed in the next patch.

In the meantime, you could enable the Digital Age report by setting the Macro Economy Realism option to High on the new game setup menu.
Obiwan
Level 2 user

Re: Digital Report NOT in the Digital DLC!!!???? @David screenshot with Digital DLC provided - STILL NO DIGITAL REPORT!!

Post by Obiwan »

Thank you David!!!!

I was very tired this morning and just desperate for you to realise there was a problem needing fixed, I absolutely love Cap Lab. You are my hero sir.
David

Post by David »

Thanks to the details you provided, our programmer was able to hunt down the bug. Your help is appreciated.