Does Ecommerce sell only software??

General Discussions about new beta versions of Capitalism Lab
JimmyK

Does Ecommerce sell only software??

Post by JimmyK »

Food or fashion did not sell in ecomerce..
liuquanfeng

Re: Does Ecommerce sell only software??

Post by liuquanfeng »

computer is ok
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

Customers tend not to buy via e-commerce if the freight charges of the goods are too expensive.

You may try to reduce the e-commerce prices of those products to entice customers.
jared_allister1
Level 3 user

Post by jared_allister1 »

Is there a way in game to show the freight charge so I can set my prices accordingly? Or the ability to offer free shipping?
David

Post by David »

jared_allister1 wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:24 pm Is there a way in game to show the freight charge so I can set my prices accordingly? Or the ability to offer free shipping?
Actually the freight charges depend on the locations of the customers who ordered the products. So the freight charges cannot be displayed as absolute monetary values. The game uses the freight index of each product type to calculate the freight costs. For instance, food in general has a higher freight index than electronics due to the fact that the prices of food products are lower.

If you like, you could see the freight index of various product types from the Product_Types.dbf in the Mod_kit folder.
For more info: http://www.capitalismlab.com/mod/advanc ... -products/
intelJoe

Post by intelJoe »

How about adding an option for "free-shipping"?
sofrade
Level 2 user

Post by sofrade »

David wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:49 am
jared_allister1 wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:24 pm Is there a way in game to show the freight charge so I can set my prices accordingly? Or the ability to offer free shipping?
Actually the freight charges depend on the locations of the customers who ordered the products. So the freight charges cannot be displayed as absolute monetary values. The game uses the freight index of each product type to calculate the freight costs. For instance, food in general has a higher freight index than electronics due to the fact that the prices of food products are lower.

If you like, you could see the freight index of various product types from the Product_Types.dbf in the Mod_kit folder.
For more info: http://www.capitalismlab.com/mod/advanc ... -products/
Could you please elaborate more on your example : For instance, food in general has a higher freight index than electronics due to the fact that the prices of food products are lower.

I don't fully understand your example; can you provide an example with numbers and a formula ? xD

Thank you David!
David

Post by David »

sofrade wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:22 pm
Could you please elaborate more on your example : For instance, food in general has a higher freight index than electronics due to the fact that the prices of food products are lower.
Please see my reply in this post: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2027&p=38135#p38135

Last bumped by Anonymous on Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:27 pm.