5.1.17 Bugs/Features

General Discussions about new beta versions of Capitalism Lab
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: 5.1.17 Bugs/Features

Post by David »

7. What Progect Manager and Programmer skills are for? Will adding a second programmer help?
Their skills contribute to the overall quality of the software product.

There is no benefit adding a second programmer.
megapolis
Level 6 user

Post by megapolis »

Additional bug found. Endless mines stop producing if bought by another company.
David

Post by David »

megapolis wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:55 pm Additional bug found. Endless mines stop producing if bought by another company.
Could you please provide the save game file for our debugging?
megapolis
Level 6 user

Post by megapolis »

I think that my last saves will do fine for debugging this issue. try to buy empty logging camp from subsidiary.

And another bug: if you will try to replace a media on internet companies marketing page, it will replace a random media instead of selected.
(and don't forget, internet companies run by player cannot be advertised in another cities)
megapolis
Level 6 user

Post by megapolis »

and another one. Price of internet company acquisition equals to the land price of its building. well... I just took search engine controlling 90% of the market from my subsidiary for $7m. that's ridiculous.

also software company acquisition is a mess when you make same types of software.
chzblck

Post by chzblck »

Something I noticed while playing the latest. 5.2.21 version. If I choose to us digital age and subsidiary DLC I can only choose one or many floors. if I choose just subsidiary I can choose many or one retail stores. They are both not an option at the same time.
David

Post by David »

1) I have tested the mine bug you described but wasn't be able to replicate it. The mine was operating normally after I have acquired it from my subsidiary. It will be helpful if you could provide a save game with the problem.

2)
And another bug: if you will try to replace a media on internet companies marketing page, it will replace a random media instead of selected.
I have tested this and didn't notice any problems also. Please provide a save game.

3) The acquisition price of Internet companies will be improved in the next version 5.2.05.
megapolis
Level 6 user

Post by megapolis »

David,

sorry, my fault. Mine bug is a false alarm.
As for Internet company advertising bug, I still think that it exist but I also cannot replicate it. Will report back if I will replicate it.
megapolis
Level 6 user

Post by megapolis »

And now let's go to another important question. Numbers accuracy and representation.

Let's start with small (and larger) plastic factories. Their supply/demand gauge shows wrong numbers. I mean totally wrong. I see a small plastic factory with a historical max of 18000 units per month sold is showing demand 3 times higher than supply. Well, that's totally incorrect. This factory has full training and in 10 years it managed to upgrade its manufacturing facilities to 6-2-1-1-1 and every cell in a factory shows utilization close to zero. Also I see in the same game that large plastic factories can produce 180000 units per month with average utilization so I expect that a small factory to show around 100% supply/demand at 45000 output. Ok, I am a human, I can slowly adjust factories to find the proper balance between demand and supply but it makes AI spawn tons of plastic factories that output 3000-5000 units of plastic per month. This must be fixed.

Next goes city budget. Healthcare budget is totally wrong. For example in one of my cities it shows that I spend 1200m/11months. In that city I have 7 hospitals with yearly budget of 30.5m each. That's 213.5m. Where are my 1200/11*12-213.5=1095.5m???!!!oneoneone. I suspect that other budgets are also wrong.

By the way talking about city budget. As I previously mentioned, I have to make calculations to find out cities yearly expenses/profits because they are nowhere to be found. On the other hand there's a totally useless historical total of all city's revenues and expenses. Of course I can use previous month data for my calculations but they are a subject to fluctuations and it is so lame. Maybe city totals should be replaced with last year data?

Then let's go to OS usage data. Currently I see that my nation has 21.0m desktops and 20.2m laptops for a total of 41.2 m devices. On the other hand two OS (my and rival's) have a total of 12.1+12.3m=24.4m installations. Cities don't have any expertise in OS, no OS are imported. What the hell? When I first saw this there was only one rival OS with 16m installations on 15.5m+15.5m desktops and laptops. Then I thought that this OS is for desktops (or laptops) only. But now I don't know what to think. And by the way I don't know where to find if OS is suitable for desktops and/or laptops. If I can choose it during OS creation process then it might be some valuable data and I must see it. And then maybe I need to see split data for desktops/laptops application sales.

And finally my favourite. I don't understand what leads to tax deductions? I really don't understand where does this number come from. I already accumulated 54b of tax deductions and counting. I am afraid that this number should be a subject to inverse inflation recalculation.

Oh, no, it's not the end! Inverse inflation and company-specific data. looks like total numbers on a balance sheet should be adjusted for inverse inflation. I see that city bonds are now affected by reverse inflation but it looks like now it's time to check all other numbers for it.
David

Post by David »

I have forwarded your message about the supply/demand issue and the city budget bug to the dev team.
Then let's go to OS usage data. Currently I see that my nation has 21.0m desktops and 20.2m laptops for a total of 41.2 m devices. On the other hand two OS (my and rival's) have a total of 12.1+12.3m=24.4m installations. Cities don't have any expertise in OS, no OS are imported. What the hell? When I first saw this there was only one rival OS with 16m installations on 15.5m+15.5m desktops and laptops. Then I thought that this OS is for desktops (or laptops) only. But now I don't know what to think. And by the way I don't know where to find if OS is suitable for desktops and/or laptops. If I can choose it during OS creation process then it might be some valuable data and I must see it. And then maybe I need to see split data for desktops/laptops application sales.
The game counts one actual person as one user in the user base figure. If you check the population of your nation, it should be equal to or close to the total user base of all the OS.

The reason why it counts the number of computer users instead of the number of computers they own, is to more accurately determine the number of application software that will be sold on the OS. In other words, it assumes that a person is unlikely to buy two copies of the same software for his/her desktop and notebook. Also this may also better reflect the fact that some of the hardware that have been sold are no longer in active use by users.