Real estate tips

Post here if you have any strategy tips to share
gravyten577
Level 2 user

Real estate tips

Post by gravyten577 »

Does anyone have any pointers when it comes to real estate? I can't find any general strategy guide on the subject or anything
counting
Level 8 user

Re: Real estate tips

Post by counting »

Esoteric Rogue posted a rent setting strategy a while ago

http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/view ... 7521#p7521

And I've seen players talked about how they invest capital on real estate here and there. But since it's a quite strait forward and steady ROR, not much can be said about it. There is no stable real estate selling market to AIs and I rarely see AI ever put its real estate for sale, so almost always you have to build it your own.

What can be said mostly are the location to put them, and supply/demand affecting rent income level. I have a general idea, but haven't put them to test intensively to draw definitive conclusion yet. IMO, real estate is the least profittable investment, however almost always profittable.

Residential apartment's interaction with traffic index and factors regarding rent attractiveness is also a subject that is interesting, but less understand part of the game mechanic

http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/view ... =11&t=2111
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitch channel : twitch.tv/ancientbuilder
Youtube channel : www.youtube.com/user/countingtls
gravyten577
Level 2 user

Post by gravyten577 »

K thanks for the info. Since it is the least profitable I'll go for other markets (except invest in apartments when I have extra money I don't know what to do with)
counting
Level 8 user

Post by counting »

Also the least risky if you put them in reasonable place and set reasonable rent level.

Personally I used them for traffic index boosting mostly, and sometimes as a lazy way (and least impact way) of cancelling inflation effect when the setting enable it. Also the 1x2 commercial building is a good way of filling empty space. Plus they make a city looked more like a "city" with prettier skyline.

I haven't tried separate mini-town strategy like real estate AIs would do, since it leave very few capital for other businesses. However it might be a viable strategy for some weird challenges like pure retail challenge, since you can "engineer" high traffic index area without competing with AIs in downtown area.
Twitch channel : twitch.tv/ancientbuilder
Youtube channel : www.youtube.com/user/countingtls
PinoX7
Level 2 user

Post by PinoX7 »

I made a playlist for my real-estate company from scratch -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbKYXaY ... RVWWNyuFXy