market dominance of the apparel industry

Post here if you have any strategy tips to share
ztartennery

market dominance of the apparel industry

Post by ztartennery »

I am playing tutorial of Branding & Advertising. How to achieve market dominance of the apparel industry?
Finn80

Re: market dominance of the apparel industry

Post by Finn80 »

Hmmm I went into to play the tutorial, to see where your running into trouble...and I'm not sure how to do it either and I have been playing for years!? It seems that if the raw materials aren't available in the industrial seaport, your kinda stuck. The tutorial will not continue until you have a factory producing apparel products, but if have no materials=no production....that's where I'm getting. I re-started the tutorial to see if you get different raw materials offered at the industrial seaport, and you do, but still not the right required apparel materials. I guess you could re-load and re-load and re-load but I'm sure that not what the programmers had in mind.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

Finn80 wrote:Hmmm I went into to play the tutorial, to see where your running into trouble...and I'm not sure how to do it either and I have been playing for years!? It seems that if the raw materials aren't available in the industrial seaport, your kinda stuck. The tutorial will not continue until you have a factory producing apparel products, but if have no materials=no production....that's where I'm getting. I re-started the tutorial to see if you get different raw materials offered at the industrial seaport, and you do, but still not the right required apparel materials. I guess you could re-load and re-load and re-load but I'm sure that not what the programmers had in mind.
This tutorial is scripted in such a way that the following raw materials are always available from the seaport, as you can see in the attached screenshot.

Textiles
Linen
Wool
Dyestuff
Leather
Attachments
brandtutuorial.jpg
brandtutuorial.jpg (279.52 KiB) Viewed 4862 times
Ranathon

Post by Ranathon »

ztartennery wrote:I am playing tutorial of Branding & Advertising. How to achieve market dominance of the apparel industry?

I am also working my way through the tutorials and got stuck on this one. My lessons learned are below. If anyone has any feedback or can correct any assumptions I had, please feel free.

1) Make sure that you are maunfacturing and selling all FOUR apparel types.
2) Make sure you produce enough in your fist city to stock the other city. I had 1 large factory for each typr and started with 1 department store during the tutorial runthrough and moved to Apparel Stores in each city once it left me alone to achieve my goals.
3) Make sure you adjust your selling price in your stores to maximise profit, otherwise money can be tight
4) include a advertising module linked to all your sales products in each store - Brand is important for apparel

Hope this helps!
Finn80

Post by Finn80 »

This tutorial is scripted in such a way that the following raw materials are always available from the seaport, as you can see in the attached screenshot.

Textiles
Linen
Wool
Dyestuff
Leather

That is what I would have thought too David, but when I ran this tutorial I didn't have access to dyestuff in either city. I re-loaded, and same results, Though the second time I did a different set of 4 in london...got corn :roll: :)
Not sure what else to say, or how to help, I just know learning caplab can have a significant learning curve but worth the time.
hydrowinner

Post by hydrowinner »

I am running into the same thing as Finn. What I did was buy the product (leather jacket) from my competitor's factory and sell it at a fixed price. After a few years (I think 2), I got a Seaport supplier to sell me the product (leather jacket). This doesn't mean I'm going to be able to get the goal of market dominance, but it's a positive direction.

I built a factory and couldn't find any raw materials. So I put it on sale (no ones biting on the sale). Maybe in a few years in the the game, the tutorial will start selling the raw materials needed. Who knows!
ztartennery

Post by ztartennery »

Linen is not available from the market, what should I do?
bdubbs
Level 3 user

Post by bdubbs »

ztartennery wrote:Linen is not available from the market, what should I do?
Wow the OP resurfaces a year and a half later. If you're talking about the tutorial I'd say it's just time to move on from it. But to be more helpful if linen is all you need build a small farm, grow flax, turn flax into linen at a small factory.

edit: when you go to your purchasing unit in your factory and select "link" in the top right corner of the next screen set it from "current city" to "all cities" it might be sold at a seaport in other cities if there's more than 1