Basic but important questions

Post here if you have any strategy tips to share
Yacal
Level 2 user

Basic but important questions

Post by Yacal »

Hello, I've developed a good strategy to make myself rich, and even when I can destroy the game with it I dont want to because it seems not reallistic to do it for me.
So I wanted to make a company just with product and retail stores, but at a certain point it becomes caothic, and hiring a COO doesnt work at all. I would like to know if the games matter about the distance of stores or even the number of them per city. Also I would like to know if in the new subsidiary dlc it has been fixed, I want to be playing and not adjusting prices all the time.
The last question is, does the two dlc works together of you have to choose one?

Thanks!
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Basic but important questions

Post by David »

The last question is, does the two dlc works together of you have to choose one?
The Subsidiary DLC and the City Economic Simulation DLC can work together.
Yacal
Level 2 user

Post by Yacal »

David wrote:
The Subsidiary DLC and the City Economic Simulation DLC can work together.
Please could you answer to my questions? I dont know how to play perfect without that info.
Thanks
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

Yes, the Subsidiary DLC and the City Economic Simulation DLC can work together.
Yacal
Level 2 user

Post by Yacal »

David wrote:Yes, the Subsidiary DLC and the City Economic Simulation DLC can work together.
Thats the one that you answered before, I mean the other questions about the stores distance and number in a city.
bdubbs
Level 3 user

Post by bdubbs »

Yacal wrote:Hello, I've developed a good strategy to make myself rich, and even when I can destroy the game with it I dont want to because it seems not reallistic to do it for me.
So I wanted to make a company just with product and retail stores, but at a certain point it becomes caothic, and hiring a COO doesnt work at all. I would like to know if the games matter about the distance of stores or even the number of them per city. Also I would like to know if in the new subsidiary dlc it has been fixed, I want to be playing and not adjusting prices all the time.

Thanks!
Your question isn't very clear, if you could try rephrasing it you might get a more useful response. I'll take a shot at it as it is though. Distance of the stores does matter in a few ways. The further your retailer is from the seaport or factory supplying its products the higher the freight cost will be. If you build retail stores right next to each other and sell the same product they will steal sales from each other (I'm pretty sure, haven't played in a while) so if you want to sell the same product in multiple stores it's best to spread them out over the city.

With specialty stores (everything but discount mega's, department stores) the more stores of the same type you have per city gives you a foot traffic boost. Every new store you build generates maintenance / salary costs.

No matter what you do you're going to have to adjust prices in your retail stores fairly often. AI competitors may lower their price of seaport goods to try and take a larger market share, or introduce their own manufactured goods into the market to compete with. The AI products will change in quality, brand, and price over time and you will need to change your own prices of competing products to retain your market share. You can find all the details of competing companies quality, brand, and price from the product details screen.

If you're mostly retailing seaport goods and are realizing that over time it's getting less profitable it's more likely that the supply is constrained. Eventually several AI will retail all the seaport products and there will be a much more limited supply of goods for your purchasing units to buy from.

One way to adjust prices less is to retail AI manufactured goods which will usually get end up locked in a price agreement unless the manufacturer chooses not to retail their own products. You will not be able to influence your cost of goods or the price you sell at. Depending on the AI you may be able to make a significant profit margin, or none at all.

If you're selling the same product in multiple stores in the same city you can double click on the product in one of your stores which will bring you to the product details screen. From there you can adjust the price of your product and click apply to all to change your price for that product in all your stores at once.

I would generally advise against using COO's CTO's and CMO's, they always end up causing trouble. Micro management is an unavoidable aspect of the game, most notably in retailing. If it really bothers you I'd recommend trying to manufacture to AI retailers. Hope some of that helps
Njeroe
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Post by Njeroe »

I believe distance between stores doesn't matter (i.e. building two supermarkets right next to eachother wouldn't change the demand). I think they way it's calculated is on a per city basis with the only difference being the store rating depending on land value. You could perhaps even boost that by actually building next to eachother and increasing the land value. Managing a lot of stores can indeed be difficult, especially if you sell a lot of different products. I have tried the COO myself but doesn't seem to do its job very well. What works for me is creating subsidiaries which sell different product groups. Usually the CEO's of those are more competent and can do more things to increase sales.