purchasing power

Post here if you have any strategy tips to share
sietse

purchasing power

Post by sietse »

ive been capitalism for while now,
and i get the concept of purchasing power,but in the games i played recently with inverse inflation on,
the private money of my ceo just keeps dissapearing by the tens of millions.

and when its crisis the inflation drops from 12% to 6% but the purchasing power does not come back up from 30% to lets say 60% or 100%,
also the crisis never last long due to interest rates decreasing to 3% then the other companies just keep building and building.

what will cause the purchasing power to go back up,since recession and crisis did not do it?
jbvisual
Level 4 user

Re: purchasing power

Post by jbvisual »

sietse wrote:ive been capitalism for while now,
and i get the concept of purchasing power,but in the games i played recently with inverse inflation on,
the private money of my ceo just keeps dissapearing by the tens of millions.

and when its crisis the inflation drops from 12% to 6% but the purchasing power does not come back up from 30% to lets say 60% or 100%,
also the crisis never last long due to interest rates decreasing to 3% then the other companies just keep building and building.

what will cause the purchasing power to go back up,since recession and crisis did not do it?
Is you upload a savegame i can try to find the problem.
Make sure that you have the most current game version 5.009b
also notify it if u use any mods
buells
Level 4 user

Re: purchasing power

Post by buells »

Purchasing power does not increase when inflation drops. Purchasing power only increases when deflation occurs (negative inflation). That is because by definition inflation is the rate of change in the increase in prices. When inflation falls, prices still rise, albeit at a slower rate than before. Higher prices result in lower purchasing power per dollar, which inverse inflation tries to simulate.

Deflation does not occur very often in the game, but it can occur, particularly during very bad economic periods. That would cause your CEO cash value to increase, but the general trend is for the cash to decrease over time with inverse inflation turned on.