Gas stations and warehouse distribution

Post here if you have any strategy tips to share
ClaudeDebussy

Gas stations and warehouse distribution

Post by ClaudeDebussy »

Hello,

I am trying to supply all my gas stations around the world and my current network is at capacity. I would like to know how best to go about satisfying the demand without too much micromanaging. My system is as follows:

Oil well > Oil warehouse > 7 factories, each producing gasoline > 1 gasoline warehouse (7 inputs, 2 outputs; outputs are overloaded) > Gas stations around the world.

My issue is that I would like to have all the gas stations pulling from the same warehouse if possible... Or have my COO automatically pull from a second warehouse if that is the way to do it (I don't trust her to optimize the sourcing). I would like to avoid having to manually change my modules in the gas stations (retail stores) to pull from a second warehouse.

Let me know if this makes sense or if you have any questions. Thanks in advance! Love this game.

Best,
Claude Debussy
CEO of Genron
ezzeqiel
Level 2 user

Re: Gas stations and warehouse distribution

Post by ezzeqiel »

My setup to supply a big city is as follows (for gasoline or diesel)

-Oil well: 1 oil well // 3 extraction, 6 sales

-Factories: 12 in total (divided in 3 groups of 4) // 1 purchase, 6 manufacturing, 2 sales.

-Warehouses: 3 warehouses (each warehouse servicing 4 factories, and 6 gas stations) // 4 inputs, 5 outputs.

-Gas stations: 18 gas stations with 3 floors each (divided in 3 groups of 6). // 3 purchase, 6 sales.

Once I set everything up and link everything I don't have to micromanage anything, I let my COO to control only the prices (better supplies and better products set to NO).

At full capacity I can get a 100% market share with low prices, but I usually set a "balanced" strategy for my COO which keeps the system at about 85% market share, very high utilization of every unit involved in the process, and very good profits.