Calculation Of Manufacturing Domination

Post here if you have any strategy tips to share
rustic

Calculation Of Manufacturing Domination

Post by rustic »

Often I believed I was Dominating the Manufacturing Sector only to find my competitor had a 50% share and I only had a 20% share - despite having a 50% Retailing Domination. And no matter what I did the percentages did not change. Hence the reason for the following questions:

1. Could anyone explain how Manufacturing Domination is calculated. I assume it is based on the quantity (not value) of goods flowing out of one's factories compared with the competitors outflow of goods. If this is incorrect could you please provide (and explain) the actual calculation.

2. Similarly, with Retail Domination. I assume this is calculated by the value (price x quantity) of goods flowing out of my stores compared with the competitors. If this is incorrect could you please provide the actual calculation.

Clarification would ease my troubled brain.

Thank you.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Calculation Of Manufacturing Domination

Post by David »

1. Could anyone explain how Manufacturing Domination is calculated. I assume it is based on the quantity (not value) of goods flowing out of one's factories compared with the competitors outflow of goods. If this is incorrect could you please provide (and explain) the actual calculation.
It is determined based on the total amount of revenues generated by your factories.
Njeroe
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Post by Njeroe »

What could happen is that you have factory goods available for cheap (because of internal sale for example) therefore generating a small amount of revenue, compared to retail selling it for the highest possible price. If you balance out the profit margins on the retail and manufacturing side to be equal it would equal out in domination too. So produce for $2 sell for $4 out of the factory and in the store for $6 would be $2 profit margin on both sides.
rustic

Post by rustic »

Thank you to @David and @Njeroe for your responses.

Once I increased the prices in my factories the problem resolved itself quite quickly as I got to 1st with Manufacturing Domination.

The problem was exacerbated by stupid me leaving my AI COO to handle my factories with "Factories sell at cost" switched ON. I did this to get Retailing Dominance and forgot to uncheck it once that was achieved. I took over control of my factories from the COO and heavily increased prices on my dominated and monopoly products. The situation turned around very quickly.

Although I have been playing Capitalism, on and off over the years, since the first Capitalism was released in 1995? I am still learning. I doubt I will ever master this game, especially with all the new DLCs becoming available. But it is fun trying - despite the painful and frustrating times that can occur all too frequently.