Providing save game files for technical support

Technical support requests for Capitalism Lab
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Providing save game files for technical support

Post by David »

If you have experienced a problem in Capitalism Lab and would want to seek technical assistance, you may upload the save game file to your forum post as an attachment to help us investigate the problem.

Please also provide the following info:
1) Which version of Capitalism Lab you are using. You can see the version number on the top-right of the main menu.
2) The exact steps for triggering the bug with the save game

For the save game file:
To open the Capitalism Lab save game folder, please click the Open Folder icon on the load game or save game menu, as shown below.
openfoldericon.jpg
openfoldericon.jpg (215.61 KiB) Viewed 1570 times
If you are unable to access Capitalism Lab's load game menu, the following are the paths to open the folder using File Explorer:

Save game files for Capitalism Lab are located at C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\My Games\Capitalism Lab\SAVE

If you are using the Post-release Beta version of Capitalism Lab, the folder would be:
C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\My Games\Capitalism Lab Post-Release Beta\SAVE

Then ZIP the save game file and add it as a file attachment to your post.

If the file is too larger, consider using an online tool to send it. For further information on the tools available for this purpose, please see the following article:
https://www.pcmag.com/article/343582/ho ... arge-files

If your savegame uses a MOD:
If your savegame uses a MOD, please send us the MOD files as well. You can either provide us a direct download link to the MOD or ZIP the MOD files in your MOD folder together with the save game file.

Thank you
snoomtreb

Re: Providing save game files for technical support

Post by snoomtreb »

Hi I raised some technical issues on FB with the latest content additions and was redirected here.

I have version 8.2.13, all DLC but no mods running.

1) So first bug that is the most prominent:
ports often import things like prepared coffee, cacke, pizza (stuff that you'd make in a service firm).
However you can't sell them in stores (unselectable) nor as an input at the service firm level.
So either they should be removed in ports, or added as a sellable item in either stores or service firms.

2) Second bug (don't have it saved unfortunatly):
When you copy service firms, they often don't copy the linked firm with them, meaning you manually have to re-link every input.
The same happens sometimes when using the recipe with an intial creation of a service firm.
Neither occurs for factories.

3) 3rd bug/oversight.
The new crops for farms (potatoes, olives,...) can't be added via recipe (see attached image)
Guess this is the easiest fix.
Attachments
no farm recipe.png
no farm recipe.png (38.64 KiB) Viewed 7354 times
David

Post by David »

snoomtreb wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:20 pm 1) So first bug that is the most prominent:
ports often import things like prepared coffee, cacke, pizza (stuff that you'd make in a service firm).
However you can't sell them in stores (unselectable) nor as an input at the service firm level.
So either they should be removed in ports, or added as a sellable item in either stores or service firms.
We will get this fixed.
snoomtreb wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:20 pm 2) Second bug (don't have it saved unfortunatly):
When you copy service firms, they often don't copy the linked firm with them, meaning you manually have to re-link every input.
The same happens sometimes when using the recipe with an intial creation of a service firm.
Neither occurs for factories.
I tested this a few times. The copied service firms all ran successfully with linked inputs. If you encounter this again, please send us your savegame for investigation.
snoomtreb wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:20 pm 3) 3rd bug/oversight.
The new crops for farms (potatoes, olives,...) can't be added via recipe (see attached image)
Guess this is the easiest fix.
We will get add them to the layout plan library.
maff
Level 3 user

Post by maff »

My game sometimes closes out of nowhere, it's not a specific bug but it closes whenever it wants, it's very annoying because I do several things and it closes, I need to save EVERY TIME, it seems like the game guesses I'm not there saving all the time and after an hour for example it closes out of nowhere, it's sad and angry.......

My save is 14MB in size, how do I attach it here? my version 9.1.65, only subsidiariy DLC and no MODs.
Image Grupo no Telegram para BRs: https://t.me/captalismlab Image

Please, vote: viewtopic.php?p=40423#p40423
David

Post by David »

maff wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:31 am My game sometimes closes out of nowhere, it's not a specific bug but it closes whenever it wants, it's very annoying because I do several things and it closes, I need to save EVERY TIME, it seems like the game guesses I'm not there saving all the time and after an hour for example it closes out of nowhere, it's sad and angry.......
Did you get any error message before the game was closed?
maff wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:31 am My save is 14MB in size, how do I attach it here? my version 9.1.65, only subsidiariy DLC and no MODs.
If the file is too larger, consider using an online tool to send it. For further information on the tools available for this purpose, please see the following article: https://www.pcmag.com/article/343582/ho ... arge-files
David

Post by David »

maff wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:31 am My game sometimes closes out of nowhere, it's not a specific bug but it closes whenever it wants, it's very annoying because I do several things and it closes, I need to save EVERY TIME, it seems like the game guesses I'm not there saving all the time and after an hour for example it closes out of nowhere, it's sad and angry.......
Did you get any error message before the game was closed?
maff wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:31 am My save is 14MB in size, how do I attach it here? my version 9.1.65, only subsidiariy DLC and no MODs.
If the file is too larger, please consider using an online tool to send it. For further information on the tools available for this purpose, please see the following article: https://www.pcmag.com/article/343582/ho ... arge-files
maff
Level 3 user

Post by maff »

1- I didn't receive an error message, it simply closed (not the first time)

2- I'll look into this tool you suggested

David

Post by David »

maff wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:51 pm 1- I didn't receive an error message, it simply closed (not the first time)

I recommend that you reinstall the game by downloading the latest version v9.1.66 full installer from viewtopic.php?t=9319 and see if it will resolve it.
maff
Level 3 user

Post by maff »

David wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:50 am
maff wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:51 pm 1- I didn't receive an error message, it simply closed (not the first time)

I recommend that you reinstall the game by downloading the latest version v9.1.66 full installer from viewtopic.php?t=9319 and see if it will resolve it.
Thanks for the suggestion, if I do this will I be able to backup my save?

David

Post by David »

maff wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:00 pm
David wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:50 am

Thanks for the suggestion, if I do this will I be able to backup my save?
The installer actually will not remove any files in the save folder.