Bug: Research of 2D and 3D Graphics

Technical support requests for Capitalism Lab
Lerura
Level 3 user

Bug: Research of 2D and 3D Graphics

Post by Lerura »

The Graphic Design Softwares are tied to the wrong 2D and 3D research.
They are tied to the 2D and 3D Graphics research in the R&D center (category: Computing)
The 2D and 3D Graphics research in the Software Company (category: Software) is not tied to anything.

I believe that the researches in the Computing category was meant for hardware/products,
whereas researches in the Software category was meant for Software.
But as it is now both software and hardware are tied to the research in the R&D Center
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Bug: Research of 2D and 3D Graphics

Post by David »

Are you using any mod?

2D and 3D Graphics research is not available in a R&D center in a standard game.
Lerura
Level 3 user

Re: Bug: Research of 2D and 3D Graphics

Post by Lerura »

Actually Yes!

I am using the RealWorld Mod, and have until now not played Digital Age without it.
And I assumed that some of the new products that are relted the the real life digital age were tied to Digtal Age DLC, along with the Job type Computing in the R&D Center.

I have now tried running Digital Age without the mod and can see that Internet is the only Job type in the R&D Center in the standard game.
And that the Job type Computing, along with 4 other Job types, tied to RealWorld.

And it seems like a bug in RealWorld that makes the Grachic Design Software (which all require either 2D or 3D Graphics) require the R&D Center techs instead of techs from the Software Company.

This is kind of related to my other thread "Research of Video Streaming"
RealWorld add a "clone" of the Video Steaming technology, but uses the original Video Steaming technology, which makes the clone being unused.
That explains why there were 2 polls for Video Streaming that wouldn't work together.