Can't load the game when I'm offline

Technical support requests for Capitalism Lab
kimsunwoo
Level 2 user

Can't load the game when I'm offline

Post by kimsunwoo »

Hello,

I'm travelling right now and can't load the game while I'm without internet. I click on the "load game" buttom but it says that I currently have no saved games.
A while ago we stopped at some place with free wifi and when I clicked the same button all my games were there. I repeated the same process several times with and without Internet and it's all the time the same. If I have Internet I can load the game, if I don't it says there are no saved games.

Help would be appreciated. I will be several days without Internet next week and it would be quite disappointing not being able to play the game. Thanks.

Kind Regards.

PS. Im running the last release version, last patch. 4.4.31
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Can't load the game when I'm offline

Post by David »

Did you save the game from another computer? In other words, was the savegame file created from the same computer that you are now using?
kimsunwoo
Level 2 user

Post by kimsunwoo »

Hi,

I noticed when I came back that If I load the game from my laptop (with Internet) and save again, I can load that game when I'm offline.

Does it really makes sense that I can only play Capitalism Lab if I have Internet or the game was saved in the same computer?
I understand this works this way to prevent piracy, but I think it was enough with not leting the user start new games.
It could be a huge problem if your servers fail or Enlight closes down or whatever.
This would completely ban any legal user that purchased the game from playing.
boz1632

Post by boz1632 »

I've seen on boards that you don't have full access to the game unless you are connected to the internet or load a saved game. There are a lot of people in the military that travel in the ocean and others that just travel all the time and this is the only reason I am not buying the game. I know there are many others like this. It is sad it is this way. And since Capitalism Lab is the newest version with DLC and mods, I don't want to start on the older versions on Steam to be able to play offline. If you solve this problem you would have far more customers I believe. Thank you.
Njeroe
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Post by Njeroe »

Part of the copyright protection is checking the license when online, you're correct that you can only load previously created save-games if you're offline. I suggest that the Enlight team improves their license check to allow offline access it should be possible to store a license file in a safe way using the right encryption method. That would mean you only need to check once when installing/updating the game and going ingame for the first time (if you're downloading/updating you should be online anyways).