Buildings construction on already owned land costs more money then should (Version 4.4.31)

Technical support requests for Capitalism Lab
Spoon

Buildings construction on already owned land costs more money then should (Version 4.4.31)

Post by Spoon »

While was playing 4.4.31 Patch with (Subsidiary DLC on, City Economics DLC - off) faces next bug:
- Buildings construction costs take more money then should - on already buyed up tiles. Steps to reproduce: when you buy out some land plots(lets say 4x4) - and build some building on them 2x2 (especially comercial/appartment or AI buids nearby) - prices on nearbuy land plots (already owned by you) goes up. If you tries to build another building on them - it charges you extra money for higher prices of land plots, althout you already own them. So building instead of 4.5M (as it shows during building menu) decrese your money at 8+M due to paying extra price for land plots already owned by you. And you may stay with -3M deficite on account... It could be nasty in "iron mode"..
Bug could be reproduced in any newly started game.

Also some issues:
1. Due to prices on farms are - 0.01$ or market price that AI decides. It's hard to manage this prices with subsidiaries. If you have subsidiary with good farming bonus - you could transfer farms to get better raw product qualitiy. But then you face problem. AI could only setup price 0.01$ (if you setup option: " 'internal sale' at costs..") Or he setup hight price - as he thinks 'market one' (even if you set overall policy or specific policy for this product - to get maximum market share and not profits).
Example: Chicken farm - it's profitable with initial costs for "Frozen chicken" - 0.5$. And in my retail stores I need to have price lower then 1.00$ to have my market share and profits. I could handle it myself quite well. But if I transfer farm to subsidiary to get better quality - he setups base price at 1.8$(internal sale) and this forces indirect money transfer at hight rates to subsidiary(because retail stores still sells at 1.0$). Or with option "sells at cost" AI setup price for all subsidiary farms to 0.01$ - in this case I have huge reversed money flow from subsidiary to main company.. and have to made money injections from time to time to keep subsidiary stable.
2. Game freezes in window mode, and I have to setup option "full screen" on every launch during login. If no - I have to wait a minute, till game closes after freeze. Is there a possible way to have "last previously used configuration" somehow..?
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Buildings construction on already owned land costs more money then should (Version 4.4.31)

Post by David »

While was playing 4.4.31 Patch with (Subsidiary DLC on, City Economics DLC - off) faces next bug:
- Buildings construction costs take more money then should - on already buyed up tiles. Steps to reproduce: when you buy out some land plots(lets say 4x4) - and build some building on them 2x2 (especially comercial/appartment or AI buids nearby) - prices on nearbuy land plots (already owned by you) goes up. If you tries to build another building on them - it charges you extra money for higher prices of land plots, althout you already own them. So building instead of 4.5M (as it shows during building menu) decrese your money at 8+M due to paying extra price for land plots already owned by you. And you may stay with -3M deficite on account... It could be nasty in "iron mode"..
Bug could be reproduced in any newly started game.
This bug has been fixed. Please download patch v5.1.07 from viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4768
1. Due to prices on farms are - 0.01$ or market price that AI decides. It's hard to manage this prices with subsidiaries. If you have subsidiary with good farming bonus - you could transfer farms to get better raw product qualitiy. But then you face problem. AI could only setup price 0.01$ (if you setup option: " 'internal sale' at costs..") Or he setup hight price - as he thinks 'market one' (even if you set overall policy or specific policy for this product - to get maximum market share and not profits).
Example: Chicken farm - it's profitable with initial costs for "Frozen chicken" - 0.5$. And in my retail stores I need to have price lower then 1.00$ to have my market share and profits. I could handle it myself quite well. But if I transfer farm to subsidiary to get better quality - he setups base price at 1.8$(internal sale) and this forces indirect money transfer at hight rates to subsidiary(because retail stores still sells at 1.0$). Or with option "sells at cost" AI setup price for all subsidiary farms to 0.01$ - in this case I have huge reversed money flow from subsidiary to main company.. and have to made money injections from time to time to keep subsidiary stable.
We have improved this in the latest patch v5.1.07.
2. Game freezes in window mode, and I have to setup option "full screen" on every launch during login. If no - I have to wait a minute, till game closes after freeze. Is there a possible way to have "last previously used configuration" somehow..?
It actually uses the last previously used configuration already.

Dear

You may try the following solutions:

SOLUTION 1:
1) Right-click on the Capitalism Lab icon to open the properties window.
2) Select the “Compatibilities” tab and check the Windows XP Compatibility option.
3) Enable the option "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings."
4) Enable the option "Run this program as an administrator."
5) Run the game.

If solution 1 does not work, you may try SOLUTION 2:
1) Right-click on the Capitalism Lab icon to open the properties window.
2) Select the “Compatibilities” tab and check the Windows XP Compatibility option.
3) Enable the option "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings."
4) Enable the option "Run this program as an administrator."
5) Enable the option “Run in 640x480 screen resolution”
6) Run the game.

Once in the main menu of the game, you can then select any resolution that is available (either full screen or windowed) as the game is actually not limited by the 640x480 setting.