How to install the mods

Technical support requests for Capitalism Lab
capboy26

How to install the mods

Post by capboy26 »

I know you guys may have gotten this question many times but I however cant seem to get it like I have erased everything and started over but somehow my computer isnt recognizing the mod folders or something been trying to do this for months. I will even pay someone to do it remotely.
saffgee
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Re: How to install the mods

Post by saffgee »

Maybe start with explaining where you are putting the mod files and what you are doing - this will help us to zero in on where your issue is.
The mod files need to go in a folder named "MOD" and the game folder is usually under the path <Your_Name>/ AppData / Local. It is occasionally (depending on your setup/OS) the case that the AppData folder is hidden, showing hidden files solves that little issue. Another thing to be wary of is game versions - if like me you have multiple versions installed, putting the files in the wrong place can sometimes happen.

When you put the mod file in the MOD folder, make sure you have the corresponding TXT file with it. This will help you identify the correct mod when you fire up the game. Never left it out, so not sure you see anything at all without it, in which case no mod would be selectable.
Njeroe
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Re: How to install the mods

Post by Njeroe »

Using Windows I do the following:

- Go to Capitalism Lab folder (right-click the shortcut and click open file location if you're on the desktop)
- Check if there is a folder in there called mod, can be both uppercase, lowercase or a combination.
- In this folder you copy all files from the mod you download including .res, .png etcetera
- Start the game and follow these instructions: http://www.capitalismlab.com/mod/how-to-use-a-mod/

If you can't find the mod ingame but can access your mod folder please share a screenshot so we can perhaps identify what you're doing different.