Extracting .RES files

Technical support requests for Capitalism Lab
xg4m3r

Extracting .RES files

Post by xg4m3r »

Hello

Can someone tell me how to extract files form .RES? I did it couple of years ago but I can't really remember which program I used to do it.
I wan't to view values of certain buildings such as warehouse, farm and factory to create new buildings.
As I remember there was a link to extractor in mod tutorials but it was long time ago. Tried with totalcommander and additional plugin but it didn't work.
Buildings.dbf in Mod Kit is empty, everything is packed into capmod.res.

Thank You
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Extracting .RES files

Post by David »

With the MOD kit, you could get the image files of the buildings and other source files from the MOD_KIT folder and thus there is no need to extract the RES file.

For details, please see:
http://www.capitalismlab.com/mod/
xg4m3r

Post by xg4m3r »

But in Mod Kit I won't find files such as Buildings.dbf, there's just a file with no data inside. All valueable files are inside .RES
Somehow I managed to ceate a new warehouse, for other buildings I need view of Buildings.dbf to see FIRMTYPE and BUILDCODE values.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

You may find samples of new buildings from RealWorld MOD source files: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=2986
xg4m3r

Post by xg4m3r »

Yeah I use Mario's mod to test new buildings if they gonna crash the game or not.
Tell me David why "recommended" values of buildings capacity are 50,100,200? Higher value will cause the game unstable?
I increased this value from 500 to 750 and nothing crashed "for now".