Bug: R&D Center researching Office Features

Technical support requests for Capitalism Lab
JerryK440
Level 2 user

Bug: R&D Center researching Office Features

Post by JerryK440 »

I just started a new game with 5.1.22 Release version, with Subsidiary and Digital Age DLC's plus the Real World 11.23 Mod.

Bought an R&D Center (NOT a Software Company) researching Office Features. Didn't occur to me that it was wrong, until I tried to see if I could hire a couple more researchers.
29012018_173205_capture_001.jpg
29012018_173205_capture_001.jpg (1.42 MiB) Viewed 539 times
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Bug: R&D Center researching Office Features

Post by David »

It is due to the MOD's content. If you play the game without the mod, you will not be able to do so.
JerryK440
Level 2 user

Post by JerryK440 »

I can see there being issues where he named the items the same, like 3D Graphics, but there are no other items named Office Features. Is it possible for a Mod to tell the game what can be researched in what firm?

There seems to be at least one other bug in the R&D center in 5.1.22 Release, I am unable to start a Radical R&D project. CTO has 80 expertise in R&D, and when I try to start it, no list with duration comes up. Tried with no Mod, just Subsidiary and Digital Age DLC's enabled, and still happens.

Suggestion: Allow players to move/hire officers to a Subsidiary. I have a CTO that is great with Software, and I wanted to create a sub for software, with him as CEO. Unfortunately, I have to fire him, which kinda pisses him off, so he doesn't want anything to do with the CEO position.

Why is there no Guide for Internet Companies, like Software? Seems to be no way in game, to see what is needed for Internet firms.
David

Post by David »

There seems to be at least one other bug in the R&D center in 5.1.22 Release, I am unable to start a Radical R&D project. CTO has 80 expertise in R&D, and when I try to start it, no list with duration comes up. Tried with no Mod, just Subsidiary and Digital Age DLC's enabled, and still happens.
I have tested this but didn't encounter the problem.

Could you please provide us with your save game file ?

You can find save game files of Capitalism Lab from:
C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\My Games\Capitalism Lab Post-Release Beta\SAVE

You may provide us with your save game file by posting it here on the forum as a ZIP file attachment or emailing the save game file to us at info@enlight.com.
JerryK440
Level 2 user

Post by JerryK440 »

Since it was a simple start, there was no reason to create a saved game. I literally would just hit new game, hire a CTO with high R&D and tried to create an R&D center with Radical R&D.

So I have uninstalled the game and reinstalled with the 5.1.22 Release installer. Now none of the persons in the game have any expertise at all.

Unfortunately I can't patch to 5.1.24, since my Antivirus detects a trojan in the download.

Can't patch to 5.1.23 since I have no frickin clue which file it is, since the file names given to the downloads don't seem to have any relation to version numbers, or product. (I have downloads for Release and Beta so no idea which applies to which.)

Edit: OK, I figured out which one was 5.1.23, and still the same issue with no expertise on anyone.
JerryK440
Level 2 user

Post by JerryK440 »

Saved game file from a 5.1.23 start with a clean install of the 5.1.22 Release installer and patched with the 5.1.23 Release patch.
Attachments
PLAY_001.zip
(1.71 MiB) Downloaded 49 times
David

Post by David »

So I have uninstalled the game and reinstalled with the 5.1.22 Release installer. Now none of the persons in the game have any expertise at all.
You may set the "Competitor Expertise Level" option on the new game menu to assign expertise to the persons - see the attached screenshot.

In your save game file, the "Competitor Expertise Level" option is set to "None".
Attachments
expertise.jpg
expertise.jpg (117.44 KiB) Viewed 478 times
David

Post by David »

The Radical R&D bug has been fixed in the latest version v5.1.25. Download link: http://12299.cdn.beyondhosting.net/capl ... 255121.zip