How to set Screen Resolution like 2,5k or 4k?

Technical support requests for Capitalism Lab
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: How to set Screen Resolution like 2,5k or 4k?

Post by David »

You may try the following solutions:

SOLUTION 1:
1) Right-click on the Capitalism Lab icon to open the properties window.
2) Select the “Compatibilities” tab and check the Windows XP Compatibility option.
3) Enable the option "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings."
4) Enable the option "Run this program as an administrator."
5) Enable the option “Run in 640x480 screen resolution”
6) Run the game.

Once in the main menu of the game, you can then select any resolution that is available (either full screen or windowed) as the game is actually not limited by the 640x480 setting.

SOLUTION 2:
On the Capitalism Lab launcher, you will see the option “Force running in 1024x768 full screen mode.” (below the [Login] button). Please select that option before clicking on the [Login] button and see if it will run the game successfully.
Maelstrom Vortex
Level 2 user

Re: How to set Screen Resolution like 2,5k or 4k?

Post by Maelstrom Vortex »

I have multiple monitors. Neither of these work for me. No possibility of a scaling ui slider within the game as is an option on so many? I need to have it borderless window on 4k to work with my 4 monitor array. Attempts to use the dpi work around cause cross-monitor spillage and desktop distortions and inevitably the game crashes.

Update: I had to do a thing where capmain only was set for compatibility, not the launcher. But I got the "Force running in 1024x768 full screen mode" to work. However, this traps your mouse. I was wondering if it would be possible to get it to have a secondary option to force this resolution in borderless full screen?

Update 2: The 1024x768 mode is slow, stuttery.. clunky. I am finding this game unplayable in its current format. Runs smooth in native resolution but UI is so tiny you need a magnifying class. You need an in-app UI scaling solution.