Re-Install question/problem

Technical support requests for Capitalism Lab
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Re-Install question/problem

Post by David »

"Error creating file c:\users\owner\documents\mygames\Capitalism2" "Config.Dat"

A quick question: is the above error message the exact message you got from the game? Normally "owner" will be your actual Windows user name and "mygames" should be "My Games".

I searched the Internet and found the following articles related to not being able to save games:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-28 ... files.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBrmAT9lyQM
https://steamcommunity.com/app/72850/di ... 591494844/

You may also do some search on Google for additional articles on this topic and see if any of them may help.
rmpcaplab

Post by rmpcaplab »

I finally tracked my problem to a combination of my install steps and my Bitdefender security software.

My revised install steps:

1. Turned off "all" functions within Bitdefender.
2. Installed Version 5.12.7; but, unchecked the "start game" box. (For some reason, starting the game immediately after install causes issues with me previously trying to toggle Bitdefender).
3. Within Bitdefender had to ensure that "protected folders" and "application access" for Capitalism Lab toggles were properly engaged.
4. Started game.....but, original error messages appeared (despite Bitdefender being turned off).
5. Back into Bitdefender.....turned on all features.....and, noticed toggles previously engaged were "off" again for Capitalism Lab and Cap.exe file. Reset the toggles again.
6. Started game again....and, was successfull in having the game process the opening of a Scenario, Custom Game, etc.

So, for some reason, Bitdefender is a "stickler" for preventing access to programs without going thru some "procedural hoops".

Thought I'd just offer my solution for anyone having similar issues.

Thanks for your assistance.

Bob
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

Good to know that the issue has been resolved and thanks for posting the detailed solution here.
JP55

Post by JP55 »

Hi guys,
I had the same problem with saving config.dat
Reason: Bitdefender was blocking access to "protected" folders. Setting this to "allowed" in Bitdefender solved the problem.
(CapitalismLab 6.3.07 , error was
Error creating file [c:\users...\CONFIG.DAT on harddisk
Error on file : ilib\File.cpp Line: 291 )

Thanks for the hint in this forum!
JP55

Post by JP55 »

One further remark:
Running the program as Admin does not help anything, was just the blocking in Bitdefender