Re: My little suggestions

Post by piermario »

Thanks David!
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

- Play with all cities in database like a global market
As the processing speed and memory capacity of PCs continue to increase, there is a possibility of supporting more cities in the game. In addition, theoretically the game can be modified to support cities of smaller sizes (100x100 versus the current 200x200), thus allowing for a lot more cities to co-exist in a single game.

But from the gameplay point of view, will having a large number of cities (e.g. 20-30 cities) end up overwhelming most players with too micromanagement. Imagine the task to link a product that your factory produces to 20 retailers in 20 different cities. Then it seems that this won't be much fun.

If anyone has any ideas to tackle this, please feel free to post your suggestions here.
piermario
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by piermario »

Ok David i like very much the idea to play with more cities, big and small; but other players can choose if they want to play with 1, 10 or 20 more cities by option in startup settings.
It would be great if also company numbers we can increase.
ciao
David

Post by David »

piermario wrote:Ok David i like very much the idea to play with more cities, big and small; but other players can choose if they want to play with 1, 10 or 20 more cities by option in startup settings.
ciao
The dev team told me that they will look into the possibility of implementing an option to create cities of smaller size (100x100) in the City Economic Simulation DLC, thus allowing for more cities to co-exist in a single game.
Darkonphoto
Level 2 user

My little suggestion (R&Đ)

Post by Darkonphoto »

R&Ds

Hovering over to an R&D could show what product is being researched in it. Saves 200x clicks to find the proper R&D when you have many.
rnd.png
rnd.png (1.49 MiB) Viewed 14676 times
Cheers!
David

Post by David »

Ok David i like very much the idea to play with more cities, big and small; but other players can choose if they want to play with 1, 10 or 20 more cities by option in startup settings.
ciao
The latest post-beta release v4.4.00 now supports up to 40 small cities (100x100 size). You may download it from: http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/view ... =10&t=3986
Arcnor
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by Arcnor »

David wrote:
As the processing speed and memory capacity of PCs continue to increase, there is a possibility of supporting more cities in the game. In addition, theoretically the game can be modified to support cities of smaller sizes (100x100 versus the current 200x200), thus allowing for a lot more cities to co-exist in a single game.

But from the gameplay point of view, will having a large number of cities (e.g. 20-30 cities) end up overwhelming most players with too micromanagement. Imagine the task to link a product that your factory produces to 20 retailers in 20 different cities. Then it seems that this won't be much fun.

If anyone has any ideas to tackle this, please feel free to post your suggestions here.
I believe the solution to this would be to expand the Firms menu to provide detail on what retail stores are selling, what factories are producing, and then from this be able to have a product roll out option. The player would then be able to select a product and then see which factories are producing this product and then from there make a selection of retail stores to add this product across all cities(only retail points with space for a buy-sell pairing would be able to be selected). This would vastly increase the time it takes to expand the sell of a product and would help identify when new retail stores need to be added.
David

Post by David »

- Global dominance share and city by city share
- Add different taxes rate city by city. Some cities are more attractive for business than others.
- Add other companies not in the game in stock exchanges (by mod)
- Add airline company, hotel, bank, insurances companies, medical centers, loundries, hairdresser, fitness center.
Our dev team has recently been thinking about the feasibility of developing a new Capitalism game based on the real world map which may realize your game ideas above.

It is just one of the many ideas for future projects that the dev team has been pondering and there is no guarantee at all that it will materialize.

Nevertheless, it may be interesting to just have a discussion about it.

-World map with lots of real countries.
The world map can look like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... nteractive

-No city map view like Capitalism 2/CapLab. You just build your firms on the global map, a bit like Capitalism Plus but with a substantially larger map.

-Capitalism mechanism greatly simplified. No 3x3 layout plans. Just set up factories with inputs of raw materials and the products will be produced.

-Should multi-currency (e.g. USD, Euro, Yen) be implemented? If we can figure out a way to make it less tedious for the player to handle multi currency. For instance, should you set the prices in Yen for products you are selling in Japan? Should the income statements of your firms in Japan be presented in Yen or USD?

-Stock markets in each country

-Starting from early 1900. The evolution of countries is fictional. e.g. US is not necessarily going to be the most powerful country in evolution.

-Investing in the right country at the right time is one of the keys to win the game, as different countries will experience a period of accelerated growth at different times. If you happen to heavily invest in the stock market of such countries at the right time, you will amass great wealth.

-Different natural resources in each countries. Mining can be vastly profitable in some countries. There will be oil-rich countries like in the real world.

-Commodity markets.

-Agricultural products can be sold to commodity markets aside from selling to factories and retail stores.
Regional differences in agricultural will matter in this game. Countries with ample fertile lands can generate trade surplus from exports of agricultural products.

This is a very early stage of discussion and any comments and suggestions are welcome.
megapolis
Level 6 user

Post by megapolis »

Grand Strategy game without the need to wage wars? That should be massive!
Unfortunately all current global strategies are focused on military part.

Cannot add anything now. I am waiting for a first alpha version. :)
David

Post by David »

If there are enough users interested in this game concept, I will create a forum specifically for the discussions of it.