Amazing control of COSTS

You may post your suggestions about Capitalism Lab here

Would you like that feature to be implemented?

Yes, it would make the game way better
100%
No, it would kill the game (for whatever reason)
No votes
I didnt understand anything
No votes

Total votes: 3

Yacal
Level 2 user

Amazing control of COSTS

Post by Yacal »

I've having trouble myself and with my COO because I wanted fabrics, warehouses and farms to be selling at cost and in internal sale.
The problem comes when you notice that costs of running the building are not included in the cost, so if you allow this settings on a farm you would get the prices at 0.01.
That is obviously making you loose money in that farm, and the whole point is to be able to see all this fabrics, warehouses and farms at making 0 profit exactly, no looses, no profits.

Why? Easy, that way you can control your finances just looking at the retailing, and if your COO is in control of just the retail, he can compete on prices efficiently.
So I proposed a system to be able not only for COO to do that, but to control the estimated margins with %.
The easy thing at least that I try to implement is that COO feature.

______________IDEA____________________

Let it be X the amount of a resorce produced in a year (supposing that you sell everything at max efficiency).

Let it be C be the max cost of mantaining a building one year.

Let it be Y the price/unit that you are looking for, so If you activate the option it COO would put that price

So the ecuation is X/C = Y

But, as you in a farms, warehouses and fabrics got some degree of ineficiency, you could give the option of having a calculated % of efficiency, so:

Let it be M the real amount of product sold, it would be shown as a % of X

So if you could have selled 100 units and you just sold 70, M would be 70%

If you introdocue an option to see the last five years of M, and another option from 0 to 100 to calculate Y, if the average in the last 5 years have been M=70%, Me or COO should put that option to 70%.

So, if in automatic done by COO that would ressult in:

M/C=Y

If you do it not only for COO but for player, the margins could be calculated from 0% to maybe 200% so if a player uses 0% the firm would not make nor loose money, if he puts in 100% the price would be the averange of that product in the market, and 200% or more to exceed the market averange.

Appart from the poll I think this is nothing that would change the game, it would just make easier and more realistic to calculate the prices, and I dont know about programming but the little I know I think it must be reasonably easy.

Again I want to say thanks to all the team for this amazing game!!
Njeroe
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Re: Amazing control of COSTS

Post by Njeroe »

I think the problem is that the costs of the building are steady at for example 200k a month and the quantity produced/sold is usually varying each month. So one month if you produce 200k units it costs 1 dollar per unit for running costs but if you are only selling 100k the next month it is 2 dollar per unit. I suggest showing the average cost per unit in running costs for the last 12 months or something and perhaps have a check on that when determining the pricing.