21%
Keep all cities open as is
49%

Total votes: 39

brianwiz
Level 3 user

Unlocking Cities Poll

Post by brianwiz »

Myself along with a few others believe a script or addon should be made to unlock cities as time goes by. This would make the game more challenging and fun ..

Examples

You choose all 7 cities (6 are locked)
One is unlocked every 5 years or maybe 10 years.
Njeroe
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Re: Unlocking Cities Poll

Post by Njeroe »

I think there should be a feature/modding option where you can set the number of years between cities becoming available and to enable/disable it. So people who don't want it don't need to use it and you can determine yourself which timespan suits you best, if you want 1,3,5,10 or even 20 years.
Kimi Mia

Post by Kimi Mia »

Right. A Game is about fun. Fun is for different players different. There is no reason to decide and to determine the exact number of years for all players like a dictator.
Therefore I haven't participate in the poll. But it's still a nice feature which I want to have too. Let the player decide how frequently new citys should appear or even the option to disable that feature, for every new game.
More possibilities, more features, to adjust the game like the player want are always just an improvement for everyone without disadvantages.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

Based on the current poll result, this suggestion is unlikely to get implemented. If anyone does like this suggestion but doesn't like the fixed term period. You may still vote positively and write a comment about your preferred way.
TheDukeOfRockford

Post by TheDukeOfRockford »

I think this does sounds interesting but I would suggest a different twist... unlock city by a different mean such as achieving a certain size for your company or something like that. I personally think unlocking cities in a fixed length of time period, which meant opening is always guaranteed, as proposed here sounds boring, IMO.

At any rate, I would suggest this be entirely optional and that default would be having all cities open. There is still a question of how you choose a city for HQ. Do you choose any of the cities at the start and then get locked in there? Or should it be random? Again, that can be a further option to set at the game start-up.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

Check out this post which pulls off a trick for unlocking cities using just a script:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=5579

You may also download the script file directly from: http://12299.cdn.beyondhosting.net/capl ... script.txt