Warehouse Network

City Economic Simulation DLC for Capitalism Lab
Parkerrush92
Level 4 user

Warehouse Network

Post by Parkerrush92 »

Hi all,

I love the idea of warehouses in this game, but they are cumbersome and often ineffective. Shipping costs, and subsidiary management clumsiness, and vague pricing options are a detriment.

I think this could be solved in the city simulation pack, and here is an idea:

Having a new feature, something like warehouse network, to track supply-lines through your company.

A few options present themselves. My thoughts are to have this feature added with the construction of a warehouse building in a city. The new menu would have pricing options with the ability to set the price throughout the supply-chain. It would also allow for the management of stock and supply, and could serve as a jumping point for city expansion features such as shipping.

Capacity could be increased with each new warehouse in each new city.

Tell me what you all think.

Parker
dimond
Level 3 user

Re: Warehouse Network

Post by dimond »

I agree with that
I try warehouse another country it just reduce cost freight. But it a little!

I don't know label goods in ware house.it's not see benefit anything.mostly i'm build own factory

I don't know benefit of warehouse.
bundyaxl
Level 4 user

Post by bundyaxl »

The biggest benefit of the warehouse is for mined resources.

Once your consuming more of a raw material they deplete fast forcing you to switch all of your factories.
With a warehouse you only need to update the suppliers for the 1 or maybe 2 warehouses for that resource instead of 10-20 factories.

Or you can trust the game to auto link it, but I don't trust that for a second.

I think warehouses have much more output per unit too, I generally make 4 factories supply 1 warehouse and the warehouse will supply 4-5 cities.
The extra storage for farmed products is good too so you can grow more per farm by not using a unit for inventory.

But either way, I would like to see some expansion on this.
Perhaps a GUI somewhere that let's you see and adjust the supply chain as necessary from 1 screen instead of having to set all of your firms individually.
I know there's a batch supply feature but I'm not sure how to use it, don't find it very user friendly but maybe I'm missing something.
kekambus
Level 2 user

Post by kekambus »

Warehouses are important for seasonal raw materials like Wool

I always run out of Wool for Sweaters and Socks, but warehouses help a great deal.
chengtsai
Level 4 user

Post by chengtsai »

Totally make sense for adding this feature.