Issue with Food and Goods Satisfaction

City Economic Simulation DLC for Capitalism Lab
foomanchu89
Level 2 user

Issue with Food and Goods Satisfaction

Post by foomanchu89 »

I have noticed that when I use a mod that includes a large addition of new products, the Food and Goods satisfaction levels of a city go to low levels. They are often impossible to raise without forming subsidiaries to build up the variety since the AI refuses to enter those market segments. I'm not sure if it applies non available items that need to be researched in the algorithms but if it does, it should not. I know that this mechanism of variety and quantity makes sense but I think there should be some means for it to gradually grow.

For example, the game could require that at the start, a total of 10 items is required for goods. As the user and AI start to build, they will produce goods that get included, so as Good 1 and Good 2 are produced the Goods Satisfaction Factor (GSF) would be 20/100 so long as those two goods were being sold in the stores and they were satisfying full market demand. Once the game has reached 90/100 GSF, it will add another 10 to the requirement setting the game rating to 45/100 GSF. This would continue until you reach the max goods available for production and the market will be "full".

Please ask me to elaborate on something if I did not provide sufficient detail.

Any thoughts?
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Issue with Food and Goods Satisfaction

Post by David »

You may use the option "Random Disable Product Class" on the "Products" page of New Game Setting menu.

In the next version 4.2.13, the game will take into account of this option and require a smaller variety of goods and foods in order to get a high quality of life rating, if you use the aforementioned option.
foomanchu89
Level 2 user

Post by foomanchu89 »

David wrote:You may use the option "Random Disable Product Class" on the "Products" page of New Game Setting menu.

In the next version 4.2.13, the game will take into account of this option and require a smaller variety of goods and foods in order to get a high quality of life rating, if you use the aforementioned option.

David,

Is there not a better option than simply disabling product classes? Wouldn't this basically make the mod useless since the overall point was to increase the available products to produce?
David

Post by David »

so as Good 1 and Good 2 are produced the Goods Satisfaction Factor (GSF) would be 20/100 so long as those two goods were being sold in the stores and they were satisfying full market demand. Once the game has reached 90/100 GSF, it will add another 10 to the requirement setting the game rating to 45/100 GSF. This would continue until you reach the max goods available for production and the market will be "full".
The issue with the above algorithm is that the player will experience a sudden decline in Goods Satisfaction Factor, dropping from 90/100 to 45/100, once it has reached 90/100. Players will find this confusing.

An alternative is to limit the calculation of the Goods Satisfaction Factor to only a specific number of types like 50, even if the actual number of product types exceed that.

For example:
Having 30 types of goods available in the city will result in 30/50 = a value of 60 for the GSF.
Having 50 types of goods available in the city will result in 50/50 = a value of 100 for the GSF.
Having 70 types of goods available in the city will result in (70 capped to 50)/50 = a value of 100 for the GSF.

Do you guys like this method?

We will probably go for a capping value of 100 for types of goods, and 50 for the types of foods. What do you think?
milty111
Level 2 user

Post by milty111 »

I'm playing the Economic DLC along with Capitalism World and although I'm currently manufacturing and selling all the items listed under "Food" in the Manufacturing section, still the Food Supply is extremely low in my new city. I'm baffled with this and unsure what to do. Are there hidden "foods" that perhaps I don't know about? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks
Mike
David

Post by David »

milty111 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:30 pm I'm playing the Economic DLC along with Capitalism World and although I'm currently manufacturing and selling all the items listed under "Food" in the Manufacturing section, still the Food Supply is extremely low in my new city. I'm baffled with this and unsure what to do. Are there hidden "foods" that perhaps I don't know about? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks
Mike
For food supply, it takes into account product classes defined in the MOD that are grouped under the food mega product class.

I would think that the following product classes are likely to be related to food:
-alcoholic beverage
-beverage
-snacks
-juices

You may ask the mod creator to provide you with the full list.
milty111
Level 2 user

Post by milty111 »

Thanks! Much appreciated!