City Economy Strategies

City Economic Simulation DLC for Capitalism Lab
Arcnor
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

City Economy Strategies

Post by Arcnor »

Hey everyone,

I was hoping that some of you might share with me your strategies for playing in the CES DLC. I play it and never fails that I'm booted out of office because I always am running a deficit. My city will shrink in population and my ratings suck. I usually am taking over for a Mayor that ran an heavy deficit and have maxed out on bonds.

I've also noted that there is an investment line on the City's balance sheet. How do I invest as a city? Also I've noticed that Company's now have a bond's line. How do I buy bonds?

I'm sure there's got to be a way to keep a balance. My strategy just has to be wrong.
Njeroe
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Re: City Economy Strategies

Post by Njeroe »

I have the same issue I just use Subsidiary DLC now and always disable CES because I can't be bothered to manage my city all the time, I think a solution would be similar to subsidiaries having a CEO you should be able to just give directions and the mayor should manage most of the work for you.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

I think a solution would be similar to subsidiaries having a CEO you should be able to just give directions and the mayor should manage most of the work for you.
There is already an option for doing so. Please take a look at the attached screenshot.
Attachments
city auto manage.jpg
city auto manage.jpg (246.34 KiB) Viewed 6847 times
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

I was hoping that some of you might share with me your strategies for playing in the CES DLC. I play it and never fails that I'm booted out of office because I always am running a deficit. My city will shrink in population and my ratings suck. I usually am taking over for a Mayor that ran an heavy deficit and have maxed out on bonds.
It is not advisable to run for mayor of a city with huge debts, as it is never easy to fix government debt problems, just like in the real life.

There are better options to play the mayor role. One way is to found a city from scratch. Another way is to run for mayor of a city with a healthy balance sheet.

Have you tried the Survival mode? In my opinion, it is easier to build a city from the ground up in the Survival mode, then trying to fix a city deeply in red.
Glanaer

Post by Glanaer »

Have you tried the Survival mode? In my opinion, it is easier to build a city from the ground up in the Survival mode, then trying to fix a city deeply in red.
The survival mode indeed provides a different gameplay experience than the standard mode. It takes more time to build up a city but there is a greater sense of satisfaction to be had when you see all your efforts have successfully turned a place from pure wilderness into a bustling economic hub.