Thoughts on Digital Age DLC?

General discussions and Technical Support for Capitalism II.
beamthegreat
Level 3 user

Thoughts on Digital Age DLC?

Post by beamthegreat »

I absolutely loved Cap II/ Caplab along with the subsidiary and city economics dlc. Probably spent hundreds of hours playing it.

However, a few days ago, I decided the get the digital age DLC. I've playing it for almost 5 hours but I feel the gameplay is kind of dull, especially for internet companies. You basically set up a bunch of R&D center, research the required techs, build your internet companies, adjust some sliders... and wait 10+ years. Suddenly you now have hundreds of millions in profit per year with nowhere to spend and you've basically won the game.

Compare this to the traditional gameplay, which is vastly more complex and exciting. Stores and factories are capital intensive (compared to internet companies), which forces you to borrow more and more money to fuel your expansion. This requires you to be alert and always on your toes, since you are much more vulnerable to competition and mistakes are very costly.

What are your thoughts?
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Thoughts on Digital Age DLC?

Post by David »

To make the Digital Age DLC more challenging, I would recommend you give the following a try:

1) Attempt to achieve the Digital Age DLC goals, as described in the following web page on the official Capitalism Lab web site: http://www.capitalismlab.com/digital-ag ... age-goals/

2) Decrease the "Internet Revenue Index" on the New Game Setting menu.
For details. please see: http://www.capitalismlab.com/digital-ag ... -settings/

As in the tradition of the Capitalism game series, the game difficulty is highly customizable. The Digital Age DLC is no exception, you may choose to start a game where the new features of the Digital Age DLC only play a complementary role to your main business, or you may set your goals squarely on dominating the Digital Age sectors and competing against aggressive and resourceful AI companies.

The "Software Revenue Index" and "Internet Revenue Index" determine how easy you would be able to generate revenue from the Digital Age sectors. By adjusting them, you could effectively tune the difficulty level to your liking.
Cayton

Re: Thoughts on Digital Age DLC?

Post by Cayton »

That's exactly why I love the Capitalism games, David. I only just recently got The Digital Age dlc and I'm having a blast. I've already tried a few different settings and you can make things really challenging if you tweak a thing or two and give yourself some disadvantages.
I think Quick Extender Pro is very important if you want results.