Technology cost modifier with R&D new products

Discussions about scenario games and user-defined scripts.
Black
Level 4 user

Technology cost modifier with R&D new products

Post by Black »

I'm playing with Tech Cost Modifier=1000. Normally in this setting i can buy 1 point of tech for 1mil $. And its ok for almost all products, but not for new technologies. The cost of acquiring new product technology should be valued more.
For example now i can buy newly researched smartphones technology (technology = 20) for just 10-20mil, when it should be much much more (at least 10 times more).

New smartphones technology is valued the same as for example improvement of television for 20 tech points (going from 200-220), which is not realistic.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Technology cost modifier with R&D new products

Post by David »

I did a test and the tech cost become 10 times more expensive after loading a script with "Tech Cost Modifier=1000" (screenshot attached.)

Did you put "Tech Cost Modifier=1000" under the [SPECIAL RULES] section header?

FYI, here is the content of my testing script:

[HEADER]
Title=Capitalism Lab script #01

[SPECIAL RULES]
Tech Cost Modifier=1000
Attachments
Tech cost.jpg
Tech cost.jpg (95.48 KiB) Viewed 8220 times
Black
Level 4 user

Post by Black »

Tech Cost Modifier is working as intended for every product that is avaliable for you to produce when you start a game. What i mean is, it does not work well for products that you have to invent. Lets take for example smartphones. When AI will invent Smartphone technology it will cost you only 20mil$ to buy it (technology level = 20) with TechCostModifier=1000. It's cheap as dirt in my opinion, it should be valued far far more.
To avoid this problem i am suggesting that you simply set technology level of newly invented technologies to 100. Hope you understand me now :)
David

Post by David »

We will address this issue in the next patch.
meRlinX_AT
Level 3 user

Post by meRlinX_AT »

Black wrote:Tech Cost Modifier is working as intended for every product that is avaliable for you to produce when you start a game. What i mean is, it does not work well for products that you have to invent. Lets take for example smartphones. When AI will invent Smartphone technology it will cost you only 20mil$ to buy it (technology level = 20) with TechCostModifier=1000. It's cheap as dirt in my opinion, it should be valued far far more.
To avoid this problem i am suggesting that you simply set technology level of newly invented technologies to 100. Hope you understand me now :)
+1
Win 7 Pro / Cap Lab 4.4.19 + Sub DLC

* I'm not an native English speaker - maybe some phrases or words are not the "yellow from the egg".
David

Post by David »

It is an old post. Have you tested if this is already working in the current version?
David

Post by David »

It is an old thread. Have you tested if this is already working in the current version?