Completion of the Open Beta

Subsidiary DLC for Capitalism Lab
WilliamMGary
Level 9 user

Re: Completion of the Open Beta

Post by WilliamMGary »

doublejay82 wrote:Whats the difference between the free version and the one you purchase? I stop downloading the free versions because I would get into the game and then a new patch would make that game incompatible...so, if I purchase the actual dlc, will I run into that again?

Game incapability will still occur with new features (I've requested they reduce/eliminate this as much as possible). If you want to play your game read the compatibility before applying patch and don't apply it. The old trick was to change the install directory and have one "old" game and one currently patch version of the game but I think I read they don't recommend this anymore and seems to have remove the ability to change install directory from the executable.
anjali
Level 4 user

Post by anjali »

WilliamMGary wrote:The old trick was to change the install directory and have one "old" game and one currently patch version of the game but I think I read they don't recommend this anymore and seems to have remove the ability to change install directory from the executable.
still working well. i only have 3.5gib on C:\ for windows systems, so i use junction to point to another hdd for the up to date patched version and before i apply a patch i copy it into a prepatch folder, that way i got always 2 versions up n running and both using the same script/savegame folder. it absolutely doesnt matter under which folder the game is installed its running anywhere on any hdd
Arcnor
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by Arcnor »

I've noticed in the new 3.4 version that scripts do not load all of the set number of competitors (40) if the AI Private Companies Percent is set as a single digit number.

For instance, if set as :

AI Private Companies Percent =5

then only 5 total companies are loaded.

If its set as:

AI Private Companies Percent=05

then all 40 are loaded.

Perhaps this should be added to the webpage to explain this or adjust it.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

Arcnor wrote:I've noticed in the new 3.4 version that scripts do not load all of the set number of competitors (40) if the AI Private Companies Percent is set as a single digit number.

For instance, if set as :

AI Private Companies Percent =5

then only 5 total companies are loaded.

If its set as:

AI Private Companies Percent=05

then all 40 are loaded.

Perhaps this should be added to the webpage to explain this or adjust it.
I tested it and didn't encounter the same problem. Could you please send me your script file for testing?
Arcnor
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by Arcnor »

So oddly thing... I then tried to load a game with it as 05 and it worked but then loaded another game with it and it wouldn't work unless it was 5. Not sure what the problem is or why it doesn't seem to be consistent.
David

Post by David »

Perhaps you can send me your script file anyway and I will test it a few more times and try to identify the problem.
Arcnor
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by Arcnor »

David wrote:Perhaps you can send me your script file anyway and I will test it a few more times and try to identify the problem.
I've emailed it too you. I keep having a problem where it will only load with 5 competitors.
David

Post by David »

I have loaded your script but couldn't reproduce the problem - there were 40 AI competitors in my games.

Could you please send me your save game file that has this problem for further investigation?