Randomly unlock Cities after defined time

Subsidiary DLC for Capitalism Lab
WilliamMGary
Level 9 user

Randomly unlock Cities after defined time

Post by WilliamMGary »

David,

I made a user defined script suggestion a while back to have a way to tell the game that of the 10 cities lock 3 (actually X) of them and unlock them in X year increments. Can this be implemented? I would like to be able make a script where for say for the first 100 years you have 5 cities that you and the AI can compete for and then 100 year later Trade is opened up between say Rome now you have 6 cities you and the AI can now go into Rome with proven business models and capital and build a business and secure land and expand so on. I think this would be really cool. I know there's currently a way to lock cities but not in this manner.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Randomly unlock Cities after defined time

Post by David »

Just want to make sure that I understand what you meant.

Did you mean that you want the locked city to automatically unlock itself on a specific date (e.g. 100 years after the game has started)?

Prior to that date, both the player and the AI are not allowed to set up any business in the city, even though the city is visible and viewable by the player all the time. Is this what you have in mind?

FYI, the following are the details of the existing scripting function:
http://www.capitalismlab.com/script---cities.html

LOCKING A CITY

Locked=yes
If the above line is defined, the city will be locked and the player will not be able to build any business in the city until the city is unlocked. This happens when the player has achieved a goal with a reward that unlocks the city.
(To see the script syntax about unlocking a locked city as a goal reward, click here)
WilliamMGary
Level 9 user

Post by WilliamMGary »

David wrote:Just want to make sure that I understand what you meant.

Did you mean that you want the locked city to automatically unlock itself on a specific date (e.g. 100 years after the game has started)?

Prior to that date, both the player and the AI are not allowed to set up any business in the city, even though the city is visible and viewable by the player all the time. Is this what you have in mind?

FYI, the following are the details of the existing scripting function:
http://www.capitalismlab.com/script---cities.html

LOCKING A CITY

Locked=yes
If the above line is defined, the city will be locked and the player will not be able to build any business in the city until the city is unlocked. This happens when the player has achieved a goal with a reward that unlocks the city.
(To see the script syntax about unlocking a locked city as a goal reward, click here)
If I remember correctly the locked scripting feature you had to defined the cities that would be locked I want to do something like

Number of Locked Cities: 3
Unlock Cities: 5 years

Every 5 years 1 of the 3 locked cities will unlock and businesses could begin expanding their operations. I don't care what city locks first/order just that I can say lock 5 of the 10 cities and every 10 years unlock a city.
WilliamMGary
Level 9 user

Post by WilliamMGary »

Can we get this implemented please. I want to be able to just say in a script lock 5 out of 15 cities and unlock one every 30-40 years based on time not rewards.
brianwiz
Level 3 user

Post by brianwiz »

David,

William has a valid point about time instead of rewards. The script now only allows rewards. I like the idea of time based unlocking script.

This would setup a whole new dynamic