CEO does nothing

Subsidiary DLC for Capitalism Lab
Winterreifen90

CEO does nothing

Post by Winterreifen90 »

Hi,

I created a new subsidiary, hired a new CEO and gave around 600 million $ to that new company. The CEO is allowed to build factories, shops and R&D buildings and I only allowed the production of beverages.
After two years of waiting my CEO has not done anything, no new buldings, nothing.
Is there any option I have to activate?
jbvisual
Level 4 user

Re: CEO does nothing

Post by jbvisual »

Winterreifen90 wrote:Hi,

I created a new subsidiary, hired a new CEO and gave around 600 million $ to that new company. The CEO is allowed to build factories, shops and R&D buildings and I only allowed the production of beverages.
After two years of waiting my CEO has not done anything, no new buldings, nothing.
Is there any option I have to activate?
-what game version are u using?
-do you have dlc
-do you have a mod (name and modversion)
-please upload a savegame, i can take a look what the problem is.
Winterreifen90

Post by Winterreifen90 »

jbvisual wrote: -what game version are u using?
-do you have dlc
-do you have a mod (name and modversion)
-please upload a savegame, i can take a look what the problem is.
I use version 4.4.20 and both the Subsidiary and the City Economic Simulation DLC.
I do not use any mods.

EDIT: I just added a test savegame where I have the same problem.
Attachments
MICH_001.rar
(3.06 MiB) Downloaded 176 times
jbvisual
Level 4 user

Post by jbvisual »

I see that the problem:
In the game settings you make your competitors to weak.
In your save game, you have about 40 competitors, and after 10 years there are just 17 buildings on the map...
your subsidiary does almost nothing, but also your competitors does almost nothing.

Increase their expertise level and make your make your competitors more aggressive.
In the game your subsidiary use the same settings as the competitors.

When i start a new game, i have the same problem if i use the same game settings,
But When i increase the Expertise and aggressiveness. The competitors and the subsidiary(s) will build a lot more.

One other problem: there are no resources available to make Beverage. I am not sure if products like glas, plastic and aluminium are available in the beverage table.

P.s. Try the upgrade your game version to 4.4.28, it fixes some bugs.
http://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewto ... f=7&t=4129
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

I see that the problem:
In your save game, you have about 40 competitors, and after 10 years there are just 17 buildings on the map...
your subsidiary does almost nothing, but also your competitors does almost nothing.

Increase their expertise level and make your make your competitors more aggressive.

When i start a new game, i have the same problem if i use the same game settings,
But When i increase the Expertise and aggressiveness. The competitors and the subsidiary(s) will build a lot more.
We will improve this in the next post-release beta version so that your subsidiary companies will not be held back by the low aggressiveness settings.
Winterreifen90

Post by Winterreifen90 »

jbvisual wrote:I see that the problem:

One other problem: there are no resources available to make Beverage. I am not sure if products like glas, plastic and aluminium are available in the beverage table.

P.s. Try the upgrade your game version to 4.4.28, it fixes some bugs.
http://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewto ... f=7&t=4129
I'm going to try that. Thanks :)
David

Post by David »

We have just released patch v4.4.29 addressing this issue. Now the AI will expand their businesses even when the difficulty setting is the lowest. You may download the patch from http://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewto ... f=7&t=4129
milty111
Level 2 user

Post by milty111 »

Just played a game with Cap 5.1.3 + Subsidiary and no mods. Started game with 3 subsidiaries. Competitors set at moderate expertise but very low aggressiveness. One of my subsidiaries went 0-60 in no time and the other 2 sat nearly idle for 12 years with 1 R&D and 1 unused retail store.
Berbe
Level 3 user

Post by Berbe »

On v5.7.10 I still get the idle subsidiary CEO problem.

Starting a subsidiary with $20M cash, having hired an aggressive CEO reaplcing the current one, 1 year 1/2 passed without anything done.
An opponent, aggressive real estate AI, already built a whole district.

Am I having too high expectations, there?
aggressive_idle_history.png
aggressive_idle_history.png (378.99 KiB) Viewed 7730 times
aggressive_idle_personality.png
aggressive_idle_personality.png (117.52 KiB) Viewed 7730 times
David

Post by David »

I would suggest that you start a few test games and allocate different capital amounts to your subsidiaries and see if they are all idle or doing very few things. If that is the case, please provide us with your save game and we will look into it.