Product Names.DBF

Discussions about modding and share your mods with other players in this forum.
saffgee
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Product Names.DBF

Post by saffgee »

Quick question, there seems to be conflicting information on changing this file. This is what the tutorial says:

Product_Names.DBF – Product Names
This DBF file contains the following fields:

CODE – The product code. Please note that this code is used by the game engine to process the data and you are not allowed to modify it.
NAME – The product’s original name. This is for reference only and you should not modify it.
NEWNAME – Enter a new name here if you want to change the product’s name.
Restriction: Please note that asides from the product names, the product list must not be changed in order for the game to function properly. In other words, you should not add or remove any product records in this DBF file.

Is that still accurate ? I have been updating a new Product_names file since day one on my mod as I've been going along and whilst it would be annoying that was not needed, I am wondering how the names of the new products can be entered into the game if the restriction above is actually valid. If this is no longer the case, is there anything with this particular file I need to be aware of before packing the mod ? Thanks.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Product Names.DBF

Post by David »

Restriction: Please note that asides from the product names, the product list must not be changed in order for the game to function properly. In other words, you should not add or remove any product records in this DBF file.
This paragraph is no longer relevant and you could just ignore it.

I've also removed it from the web page.
saffgee
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by saffgee »

Ok great, thanks David - I assume then that the field New_Name can just be left blank ? or do I populate it with the same data as the Name field ?
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

Yes, the field New_Name can just be left blank.