Telecoms

Digital Age DLC for Capitalism Lab
L3mur

Telecoms

Post by L3mur »

There is always one private company which has 6 telecoms and HQ in 2nd month (always same setup). I've tried different settings for AI, DLCs, mods to see if something will change. It's impossible for AI to set up buildings which needs so many cash to run, even including loans, IPO etc. Is it a bug?
Last edited by L3mur on Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
L3mur

Re: Telecoms

Post by L3mur »

Wrong section, sorry :/
kg79
Level 3 user

Post by kg79 »

Is there a way to mod the database that way that I force some particular AI to specialize on telecoms? Which product expertise should the CEO have or which techs should the company have to make it likely that this particular company goes into the telecom market?
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

kg79 wrote:Is there a way to mod the database that way that I force some particular AI to specialize on telecoms? Which product expertise should the CEO have or which techs should the company have to make it likely that this particular company goes into the telecom market?
There is currently no way to mod it like this.
David

Post by David »

L3mur wrote:There is always one private company which has 6 telecoms and HQ in 2nd month (always same setup). I've tried different settings for AI, DLCs, mods to see if something will change. It's impossible for AI to set up buildings which needs so many cash to run, even including loans, IPO etc. Is it a bug?
Telecoms are essential for supporting health growth of the Internet population, it is imperative that a city has telecoms providing Internet services. Otherwise, Internet companies cannot thrive. So the Digital Age DLC is designed in a way that there will also be an AI company setting up a telecom in each city.
kg79
Level 3 user

Post by kg79 »

David wrote: There is currently no way to mod it like this.
So adding "Internet Expertise = Telecom, 100" to the CEO in Company_Details.txt would not work for this?
Arcnor
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by Arcnor »

kg79 wrote:
David wrote: There is currently no way to mod it like this.
So adding "Internet Expertise = Telecom, 100" to the CEO in Company_Details.txt would not work for this?
No it doesn't. Tired it myself.

David, has there been any changes in competition between telecom providers? Specifically doesn't seem how low I lower the sales price or increase capacity the market share needle never really grows. It becomes imperative to be one of the first in the market.
David

Post by David »

David, has there been any changes in competition between telecom providers? Specifically doesn't seem how low I lower the sales price or increase capacity the market share needle never really grows. It becomes imperative to be one of the first in the market.
Hi Arcnor, I tested your save game and I was able to build a new telecom and increased its market share from 0% to 5.38% in about 20 months. Please see the attached screenshot. At the moment, the factor that is limiting the telecom from having a faster growth is its Infrastructure capacity which is fully utilized.

If you have a save game with your telecom not growing despite doing everything right, you may send me your save game and let me know specially which telecom is having the problem and I will look into it.
Attachments
telecom.jpg
telecom.jpg (399.64 KiB) Viewed 2219 times
Kapseljd
Level 2 user

Post by Kapseljd »

growt is that exponential or really so slow?

your utilized capacity means your capacity is full.
then your budget creates bigger infrastructure over time.

so if you want to compete in telecom its going to cost alot of time and money. is het ever going to be profittebel?

how does it work?
John aka. Kapseljd
Dutch (the Netherlands)