R&D Question

Digital Age DLC for Capitalism Lab
jaimebenlasnow

R&D Question

Post by jaimebenlasnow »

Hello, I was wondering what happens when multiple unit are searching the same technology. For example, if my team in Los Ageles is researching Car Booking UI and I have another unit somewhere searching it. Will they cancel each other or they add up ?

I also find it quite frustrating that sometines there's no more project manager and coder. So even if I have a pretty slow start because I have less money than my competitor. I'm not even able to enter the market, would there be a way to add more AI ?

Thanks again I really like the game, I've been playing since I'm 14 and it's my go to game
Keep up the great work!
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: R&D Question

Post by David »

jaimebenlasnow wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:25 pm Hello, I was wondering what happens when multiple unit are searching the same technology. For example, if my team in Los Ageles is researching Car Booking UI and I have another unit somewhere searching it. Will they cancel each other or they add up ?
Whenever a team has completed a research, the tech level resulted from the research (which is the target tech level displayed on the research team's UI) will apply, provided that it is higher than the existing tech level.
Lerura
Level 3 user

Post by Lerura »

TO answer the question "will they add up"!
The answer is NO! Each company researches independently based on the tech level when starting a new research.

Let's assume that 1 year of research gives 1 tech point, and you have 2 companies that each make 2 years of research, one of the behind by one year!
Year 0:
Company 1: Start at 0 ,Target at 2
Company 2: Not yet researching
Current tech: 0

Year 1:
Company 1: Ongoing
Company 2: Start at 0 ,Target at 2
Current tech: 0

Year 2:
Company 1: Finsh at 2 ,Start at 2 ,Target at 4
Company 2: Ongoing
Current tech: 2

Year 3:
Company 2: Finish at 2, Start at 2 ,Target at 4
Current tech: 2

Year 4:
Company 1: Finsh at 4 ,Start at 4 ,Target at 6
Company 2: Ongoing
Current tech: 4

Year 5:
Company 2: Finish at 4, Start at 4 ,Target at 6
Current tech: 4

As you can see, the result of Company 2 is never making any difference as it reaches the tech level that Company 1 reached 1 year before.
From that you can see that the company that is behind is just a waste of money.
jaimebenlasnow

Post by jaimebenlasnow »

So there is no way to gain tech faster ? Sometimes I see the AI at 600 in something and I can't compete with that, I tought by having multiple firm could help me tackle them but oh well.
chengtsai
Level 4 user

Post by chengtsai »

You can build a R&D with 9 units connected at the center and focus research on one specific product.
if this R&d has all units that is at the highest level (level 9), that would be powerful.

You can use radical R&D to gamble and gain advance technology in certain area.
Again, connect all 9 radical units at the center to achieve maximum result.
If you have spare cash, do one for 200% gain, one for 300% gain and lastly one for 400% gain.

you can also purchase technology from your competitor, which is a lot faster and more effective.
If they refused to sell you the technology, consider to overtake their company by owning at least 50% to 75% of their company.