Video games as software products

Digital Age DLC for Capitalism Lab
bundyaxl
Level 4 user

Video games as software products

Post by bundyaxl »

Can we get video games as options for software products.
Make a video game studio company.

Maybe make a few genre's as separate software products and make it work in conjunction with the video game console.
And make a video game online service like Steam if it's not in already, I think it's just video streaming for now.

Assuming it's been suggested but I only use Bing search, it didn't find anything related.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Video games as software products

Post by David »

I think this can be done by creating a mod that replaces software products with video game products.

Though, if there are sufficient demands for an officially developed content focusing on video games, we will consider making an official mod+new features specially for the video game industries. I think such a product can be sold separately from the Digital Age DLC, and users who own the Digital Age DLC may purchase it. This is a very initial thought and I haven't talked to the dev team about the feasibility yet. If there are enough interests in this from the community, I will explore this further.
jbvisual
Level 4 user

Post by jbvisual »

bundyaxl wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:58 am Can we get video games as options for software products.
Make a video game studio company.

Maybe make a few genre's as separate software products and make it work in conjunction with the video game console.
And make a video game online service like Steam if it's not in already, I think it's just video streaming for now.

Assuming it's been suggested but I only use Bing search, it didn't find anything related.
+1
This will be fun

But in this case not just Video games, But also Game consoles.
It will be worth another $12 if there is good content.
bundyaxl
Level 4 user

Post by bundyaxl »

I would say it may work better around $8, Digital Age 2 or Extended or something.
No new major mechanics, just more content based on the guts of the Digital Age DLC.

Could include the Radio, TV, Movie firms based on the mechanics of internet companies.
Tech would be audio visual equipment, cameras, mics and film. Then special effects stuff for late game.

The Radio, TV and Movie studios would work like software companies where the talent pool would be actors, productions staff and director, writer.
With the current 9 square system this would be scaled down I suppose with just 1 or 2 actors in a production, but whatever, it's not a movie creation simulator.
Maybe it's possible to implement possibility to hire multiple talents per square and each square will be a department.

The Video game studios.
This could work exactly like the current software system and could probably be modded in.

Books.
Hire writers to make them or include a freelance mechanic similar to talent pool if that's somewhat fast and easy.

Newspapers

Music

The movie and video game industries will also utilize the dvd product used for software.
Movies can also be 'sold' in movie theatres, on dvd, and eventually the video streaming platform currently in game.
Video games can use dvd (or other mediums if added) or on a video game internet platform.
This would all add utilization for the talent pool system as it would add entertainment industry based jobs.
The music and industry would complement radio stations

With entertainment industry it could also include live shows like concerts and plays which would also complement the music industry.

Sounding more and more like a full size DLC.
Almost thinking we might just need to skip into Cap 4 in 64-bit.
David

Post by David »

I would say it may work better around $8, Digital Age 2 or Extended or something.
No new major mechanics, just more content based on the guts of the Digital Age DLC.
Such a release could be called "Content Pack for Digital Age DLC". The price point will be determined based on the amount of content.

In fact, some users have expressed interests in a content pack focused on the Smart Phone industry and its app eco-system (app store and app products) and the dev team has initiated some early stage design work on it.

A content pack focused on the video game industry could be in the same vein.

I would create a new thread for the discussion of these ideas to inputs from other users.

As for your ideas for the movie industry and the music industry, there have been some discussions on this topic which you may view at viewtopic.php?f=49&t=3299
royalt
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by royalt »

I'd put this content pack on my wish list too :D
David

Post by David »

In general it will take 3-6 months to develop a content pack, like the announced Smart Phone content pack.

Having considered the development time, we have decided to take a different approach for the Video Game content to speed up its release. The idea is to release a MOD kit for the user community to create the content for the Video Game industries and an enhanced version of the Digital Age DLC that will have special features for the video game industry.

The advantage of this approach is that the Video Game content created by modders will be freely available to users who own the Digital Age DLC. And instead of waiting for additional 3-6 months after the release of the Smart Phone content pack, both projects will go in parallel and it is entirely possible that the user-created content pack of Video Games may be available even sooner than than official Smart Phone content pack.

If you are a modder and interested in this, you may send me a PM message and I will add you the list of people who will receive the first-hand info about the Video Game mod kit.

Below is a work-in-progress screenshot which uses Enlight's own game products for testing. With the mod kit, you could replace them with any games you like. The list of game genres and the types of video game consoles are all moddable. For those of you who want to create the ultimate simulator for the video game industry, you may also suggest to us what simulation features you want the dev team to implement specifically for the video game industry and I will forward their suggestions to the dev team for their consideration.
Attachments
video game test 1.png
video game test 1.png (1.2 MiB) Viewed 2005 times
David

Post by David »

I am pleased to announce that the first beta version of the Video game mod kit for Digital Age DLC is now available.

For details, please see check out the new forum "Video Game Mod Kit" at viewforum.php?f=53