Advertising Internet Company vs TV

Digital Age DLC for Capitalism Lab
Malaras
Level 4 user

Advertising Internet Company vs TV

Post by Malaras »

Advertising with internet company don't seem as good as TV company. How does it work?

I took off TV station to use my internet advertising, and my brand has went down around 1/2

Awful with naming stuff don't mind the Google lol
Screenshot 2017-12-05 10.24.09.png
Screenshot 2017-12-05 10.24.09.png (1.28 MiB) Viewed 4264 times

Screenshot 2017-12-05 10.24.32.png
Screenshot 2017-12-05 10.24.32.png (1.01 MiB) Viewed 4264 times
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Advertising Internet Company vs TV

Post by David »

When it comes to advertising, the key difference between an Internet company and an traditional media company is that access to Internet companies are not limited to geographic locations. Any users in any of the cities can access an Internet web site.

When a business advertises on an Internet company, the advertising effect will cover all the cities. On the other hand, the advertising effect of a traditional media firm is limited to the local city only.
Malaras
Level 4 user

Post by Malaras »

David wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:31 pm When it comes to advertising, the key difference between an Internet company and an traditional media company is that access to Internet companies are not limited to geographic locations. Any users in any of the cities can access an Internet web site.

When a business advertises on an Internet company, the advertising effect will cover all the cities. On the other hand, the advertising effect of a traditional media firm is limited to the local city only.
Ahh that makes since.. Thanks David.
Sceptic
Level 2 user

Post by Sceptic »

"the key difference between an Internet company and an traditional media company is that access to Internet companies are not limited to geographic locations. Any users in any of the cities can access an Internet web site."
Why would i want to advertise via traditional media company, if i could do it via Internet company. It's cheaper and i don't have to set up an advertising unit in each city?
Yeoman11

Post by Yeoman11 »

okay so I just registered to this forum JUST to post this.
I really hope this is a bug:
So I've cultivated two superpower internet companies: a social network and a search engine that each have a reach of over 95% of internet users. Naturally, I have diverted all advertising units in retail and my specialty "Warehouse Showcases" to include almost exclusive internet advertising. So it came as a surprise as ALL my powerhouse products all of a sudden have a zero branding all of a sudden. Maybe there's something I'm missing, but everything seemed to work fine for about a year or two (game time). Is there a record of anyone having this problem? Is this a bug? This particular problem is making this current game unplayable. I've pumped waaayyyyy too much time into my empire to return to conventional advertising and abandon the hundreds of millions in R&D, reach cultivation, Telecom monopolization, etc. to entertain starting a new game
williammgary1
Level 3 user

Post by williammgary1 »

Yeoman11 wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:14 pm okay so I just registered to this forum JUST to post this.
I really hope this is a bug:
So I've cultivated two superpower internet companies: a social network and a search engine that each have a reach of over 95% of internet users. Naturally, I have diverted all advertising units in retail and my specialty "Warehouse Showcases" to include almost exclusive internet advertising. So it came as a surprise as ALL my powerhouse products all of a sudden have a zero branding all of a sudden. Maybe there's something I'm missing, but everything seemed to work fine for about a year or two (game time). Is there a record of anyone having this problem? Is this a bug? This particular problem is making this current game unplayable. I've pumped waaayyyyy too much time into my empire to return to conventional advertising and abandon the hundreds of millions in R&D, reach cultivation, Telecom monopolization, etc. to entertain starting a new game

Hire a CMO and see if that resolves the problem
Yeoman11

Post by Yeoman11 »

williammgary1 wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:30 pm Hire a CMO and see if that resolves the problem
Hired a CMO, unfortunately still no change in branding...
saffgee
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by saffgee »

Is it possible you changed your branding strategy inadvertently ? Must admit I've never come across this particular problem.
Yeoman11

Post by Yeoman11 »

saffgee wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:43 pm Is it possible you changed your branding strategy inadvertently ? Must admit I've never come across this particular problem.
I've had Unique Branding the entire course of the game, thats usually my default branding strategy through all my games as I tend to diversify over 2/3 of product classes. I rarely ever change it, as is the case over the course of this particular game.
Yeoman11

Post by Yeoman11 »

Also, other products of mine still linked to “traditional media” are doing fine and remain unchanged