Digital Age DLC for Capitalism Lab
Kapseljd
Level 2 user

talent system

Post by Kapseljd »

Hello,

nice idia that talent system.
but it isnt a game enymore but work...

is it possible to change the talent system back to the original R&D or a choice to switch it off?
and multifloor the R&D facility's. mods have 600 products to develop and for an allrounder like my self its really sucks how it is now. there is no space for 600 r&D and there production/retail facility's.

hope you can tell me how or what to improve gameplay

thanks,
JD
John aka. Kapseljd
Dutch (the Netherlands)
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: talent system

Post by David »

In the latest version, if you have a CTO managing your R&D centers, the CTO will keep an eye on the loyalty of your staff and raise their salaries as needed to keep them content.

If this still does not completely free you from the work you described, will adding a new option on the New Game Setting menu that slows down the loyalty declines or completely eliminates loyalty declines make the game more enjoyable to you?

If your concern is neither of the above, please describe in detail why you felt that this aspect is more like work than fun and we will try to come up with a solution for you.
Dtran

Post by Dtran »

Can the CTO change what to research depend on the cities?

For example, One city has many people who are talented in researching the car and the other city has many talented people in researching the motorbikes. Can the CTO choose the cities which will yield the most research point?

Can you also add the option to limit what the CTO can research? Like a scope of production? Sometimes my CTO is researching bread while I want to focus my company on clothes?

Thanks!
gamebak
Level 2 user

Post by gamebak »

Also, maybe a few more from where to recruit when it comes to semi-products, because there's a big lack when you want to control the whole product quality.
David

Post by David »

gamebak wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:18 am Also, maybe a few more from where to recruit when it comes to semi-products, because there's a big lack when you want to control the whole product quality.
The number of talents specializing in semi-products has been increased a couple times in the past few months. Are you using the latest version? If you are already using the latest version and still found them lacking, please send me your save game file and I will look into it.
Glanaer

Post by Glanaer »

Would it be possible to add a function for generating more talents in a new game? An easy way to do so would be for the game to simply duplicate existing talent names. It is not uncommon in the real world that two persons may have the identical name.

This would make mod games more playable.
jbvisual
Level 4 user

Post by jbvisual »

The talant system can be fun.

But Sometimes hard to start in something that doesn't make any profit because of the talant system.
I like to see a function wehere the old system is combined with the new system.

You can start a R&D project without talents, but the possibility to add a talent to one of the 9 tiles.
Adding a talent, will boost the amount of tech gained from a project.

I will never use a function that disable the loyalty system,
In that way i well never get any talent who are already hires by a competitor.
David

Post by David »

Glanaer wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:17 am Would it be possible to add a function for generating more talents in a new game? An easy way to do so would be for the game to simply duplicate existing talent names. It is not uncommon in the real world that two persons may have the identical name.

This would make mod games more playable.
I have forwarded your suggestion to the dev team for their consideration.
Dtran

Post by Dtran »

jbvisual wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:09 am The talant system can be fun.

But Sometimes hard to start in something that doesn't make any profit because of the talant system.
I like to see a function wehere the old system is combined with the new system.

You can start a R&D project without talents, but the possibility to add a talent to one of the 9 tiles.
Adding a talent, will boost the amount of tech gained from a project.

I will never use a function that disable the loyalty system,
In that way i well never get any talent who are already hires by a competitor.
+1 on this idea.

Can we also control what the CTO can research? Like a scope of production please?
gibbo

Post by gibbo »

I am unsure if you have this feature yet or not, please tell me how do I have an unlimited talent for both the software companies and the normal R&D?

I thought I would become mayor and invest in the University but all that did was cause the city to have a huge deficit - maybe we make a farm like we do to get accountants in another mod?

It is frustrating .....