New Banking System

Banking and Finance DLC for Capitalism Lab
beamthegreat
Level 3 user

Re: New Banking System

Post by beamthegreat »

Arcnor wrote:I like the thought of that, but it would be nice if we could invest in financial assets like bonds that companies issued instead of just borrowing from the bank. Bonds could offer fixed interest rates for a set term unlike the bank that is variable and is basically a line of credit.
Yes, i also would like bonds to be added to the game.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

beamthegreat wrote:
Arcnor wrote:I like the thought of that, but it would be nice if we could invest in financial assets like bonds that companies issued instead of just borrowing from the bank. Bonds could offer fixed interest rates for a set term unlike the bank that is variable and is basically a line of credit.
Yes, i also would like bonds to be added to the game.
Our dev team gauge the interest level of the community on the various DLC ideas by looking at the poll results of this post: http://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewto ... =49&t=4166

By voting on the poll the DLC you like, you will effectively increase the chance of it getting developed.
Spac3y
Level 5 user

Post by Spac3y »

Bonds would be a great addition in being able to fundraise (rate would depend on credit rating) but equally being able to buy bonds of competitor companies.
David

Post by David »

With the Banking and Financial DLC consistently being the most voted DLC in the poll, our dev team has started working on the game design for the DLC.

If everything goes well, I should be able post the first update from the dev team about the preliminary design of this DLC in the coming couple weeks.
saffgee
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by saffgee »

Great news - would you also consider variable raw commodity prices at the same time ? Hedging should be part of any sensible financial strategy as well as being a potential great addition to gameplay.
beamthegreat
Level 3 user

Post by beamthegreat »

David wrote:With the Banking and Financial DLC consistently being the most voted DLC in the poll, our dev team has started working on the game design for the DLC.

If everything goes well, I should be able post the first update from the dev team about the preliminary design of this DLC in the coming couple weeks.
Awesome, best news I've heard all week. Looking forward to the updates.
chengtsai
Level 4 user

Post by chengtsai »

Yes I am looking forward to it, going to love it.
David

Post by David »

The first part of the design draft has been post. You may check out http://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewto ... 974#p21974