Left mouse button not clicking on startup of Capitalism 2 Windows 10

Technical Support forum for Capitalism II
Morian

Left mouse button not clicking on startup of Capitalism 2 Windows 10

#1 Post by Morian » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:34 pm

Hi everyone. As the topic says, I have a problem where my left mouse button is not selecting on the startup of Capitalism 2. I am running the game in compatibility mode on XP, and have also tried on Visa SP 2 and on Win98/ME, made no difference. I also have the high DPI option disabled and handled by the app. The game starts up, but on the first screen, all I can do is move the mouse, selecting is not possible. The options light up when the mouse hovers over it, it's just not selectable. I feel like it's a small thing that I'm missing, but I've been messing with it all day and still can't figure it out. Any ideas?

David
Site Admin

Re: Left mouse button not clicking on startup of Capitalism 2 Windows 10

#2 Post by David » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:38 am

You may try the following solution:

SOLUTION 2:
1) Right-click on the Capitalism Lab icon to open the properties window.
2) Select the “Compatibilities” tab and check the Windows XP Compatibility option.
3) Enable the option "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings."
4) Enable the option "Run this program as an administrator."
5) Enable the option “Run in 640x480 screen resolution”
6) Run the game.

Once in the main menu of the game, you can then select any resolution that is available (either full screen or windowed) as the game is actually not limited by the 640x480 setting.

Morian

Re: Left mouse button not clicking on startup of Capitalism 2 Windows 10

#3 Post by Morian » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:38 pm

Hi David, thanks so much for your reply. I've tried that, and toggled every option I could in the compatibility submenu, but the lack of clicking persists. It's not a huge deal at the moment, as I also bought Capitalism Lab, it's just irritating when the computer gets one over on you ;)