Capitalism Lab Release version 4.4.31 full version installer with new scenarios

General discussions about the release versions of Capitalism Lab
sssuoreme

Re: Capitalism Lab Release version 4.3.10 full version insta

Post by sssuoreme »

Same, I also tried to replace them from patch, no luck. Newest release from installer. As I said two fresh installation, from different installers(downloaded separately), on two different PCs same error.
Also today server was down and I got this strange error.
Attachments
Capture1.JPG
Capture1.JPG (407.95 KiB) Viewed 1390 times
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (112.93 KiB) Viewed 1390 times
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

This is quite strange.

Please try this solution:

Are you using any anti virus software that runs in background? If so, there is a possibility that the firewall of such anti virus software may block the game’s communication with the game server. You may check your anti virus software’s user manual for how to add Capitalism Lab to one of its approved app to prevent it from being blocked by the firewall.

For example, if you are using Avast, you can add Capitalism Lab’s EXE files “CapStart.exe” and “CapMain.exe” into Avast’s exception list to prevent it from blocking the game.
sssuoreme

Post by sssuoreme »

Ignore Server Error connection, it was at the morning, probably ISP error.
I added exclusions to windows defender, added rules to firewall to allow connection and I still there. Also I tried to switch ISP, same this.
David

Post by David »

We have released version 4.3.11 which fixes the issue you experienced with the challenge games.

Please download the patch from http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/view ... f=7&t=4018
Kryolan

Re: Capitalism Lab Release version 4.4.14 full version insta

Post by Kryolan »

Hey guys.

I updated my Version of Capitalism Lab 3.4 or 3.5 with full version installer from this post. But now the game does not start anymore. There is the username and passwort section and i have saved my informations so all is fine, but then i click Login the launcher is closing and nothing happens.

Any ideas?
Or do i have something to do with the original capitalism 2 version?

Thanks
David

Post by David »

Are you using any firewall or anti virus software that runs in background? If so, there is a possibility that the firewall may block the game’s communication with the game server. You may check your software’s user manual for how to add Capitalism Lab to one of its approved app to prevent it from being blocked by the firewall.
Kryolan

Post by Kryolan »

yes, there was a problem with antivir during the installation. But i stoped antivir for the new installation and also for starting the game and still it is not running. There is also no error message.

Edit: ok, now it works after a new installation without antivir and starting without antivir. Dont know why it not startet with the first try without antivir but now, thanks!
David

Re: Capitalism Lab Release version 4.4.15 full version insta

Post by David »

Version 4.4.15 full version installer has been released. See the top post of this thread for download details.
traderjb

Re: Capitalism Lab Release version 4.4.20 full version insta

Post by traderjb »

Pardon me, if I'm posing in the wrong place please let me know. This is in regards to the latest installer, 4.4.20. Right, so I've installed the game but it seems to crash when we get to the opening screen after the login screen. Looking at the forums, I've included both .exe files in my Norton firewall and antivirus programs. To be sure, there was an attempt made to open and play the game with both shut off. Sadly, the same crashing has occurred. I've tried altering the compatibility settings from Windows 7 on through to Windows 98 to no avail (My OS is the latest iteration of Windows 10).

Having played this game for almost 20 years, you folks have done a fantastic job. It simply amazes me on the level of improvements and additions that's gone into this since the days of Chan's first game! Please, any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Keep up the good work!

Respectfully,

JB
David

Re: Capitalism Lab Release version 4.4.20 full version insta

Post by David »

Were you able to play the game on your computer with the previous version?

If so, the symptom you described is highly likely to be caused by the anti-virus program wrongly shutting down any program that it does not recognize. One way to test it is to turn off the anti-virus program temporarily and run Capitalism Lab and see if the problem still persists.