Max number of cities & Companies

General discussions about the release versions of Capitalism Lab
WilliamMGary
Level 9 user

Max number of cities & Companies

Post by WilliamMGary »

Number of Cities=<1 to 10>
You will be able to create a game with a maximum of 10 cities using a game script.
Source: http://www.capitalismlab.com/script---environment.html
The Real World Mod script sets for 15

Also what's the max number of companies can a game have? I want to update my Not That Complex Script but leave room for a player to create companies if they subsidiary DLC
meRlinX_AT
Level 3 user

Re: Max number of cities & Companies

Post by meRlinX_AT »

WilliamMGary wrote:
Number of Cities=<1 to 10>
You will be able to create a game with a maximum of 10 cities using a game script.
Source: http://www.capitalismlab.com/script---environment.html
The Real World Mod script sets for 15

Also what's the max number of companies can a game have? I want to update my Not That Complex Script but leave room for a player to create companies if they subsidiary DLC

Hallo,

atm 50 - see http://www.capitalismlab.com/script---competitors.html

greetz
Win 7 Pro / Cap Lab 4.4.19 + Sub DLC

* I'm not an native English speaker - maybe some phrases or words are not the "yellow from the egg".
WilliamMGary
Level 9 user

Post by WilliamMGary »

so you can have 15 cities tho this is not updated on the site
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

This is the number of cities supported by the base game.
Kapseljd
Level 2 user

Post by Kapseljd »

so how do we get 15 city's? :D

bigger is better ^^
John aka. Kapseljd
Dutch (the Netherlands)
WilliamMGary
Level 9 user

Post by WilliamMGary »

David wrote:This is the number of cities supported by the base game.
So does each DLC support additional max number of cities? if so can you break this down for us?
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

A game with the City Economic Simulation DLC enabled can support up to 15 cities using a script.
Way2co0l
Level 2 user

Post by Way2co0l »

I wanted to look for some additional clarification on this. I currently have all DLCs and am currently trying to figure out how to customize the number of types of competitors in my game. The Real World mod lists the max number of competitors at 60 in their script, which is already different from the 50 mentioned here and also from what you can choose at game start up where 50 seems to be listed as the max. I figure the Real world modder has a reason for listing it as 60 in his script, so can anyone help me understand what I'm missing here?

Additionally, when I start a game and let it fast forward a year or so, it never actually creates that many competitors in my games. It usually stops at about 44 corporations or so, which is shy of the RW script as well as the max listed in the game creation settings. Is it not supposed to actually try to create the max number of competitors? Or does it simply take more time for them to get added later? Perhaps leaving room for subsidiaries?

And lastly, when I try to define the types of companies to be in the game via script, it doesn't seem to match up to what I actually get. The script instructions state that the total number of competitors defined through the focused portion of the script should not exceed the max number you listed in the script, and I make sure to keep it lower, but I don't always get the number of focused companies that I'm trying to get. Sometimes I'll get a few tech companies shy of what I defined, and other times none at all for example. And how do the new Digital Age software/internet companies work in relation to this? I've seen mentions that they're separate so are they simply in addition to the competitors you've already defined, or do you have to take competitors out of other areas to make room for the new ones from this DLC?

Thanks for any help you guys can offer! :D