Help overtaking a market leader

General discussions about the release versions of Capitalism Lab
pseudo310

Help overtaking a market leader

Post by pseudo310 »

I'm working on the the Fashion Venture scenario and managed to dominate every single apparel item except jeans. I set up major R&D to overtake them technologically, I set up a huge advertising campaign so that my brand is 100 while theirs lags behind in the 30s. I'm aggressively pricing and my overall rating for the product is significantly higher than theirs, but I just can't seem to overtake them. My supply seems solid. I expanded to a bunch of new locations in case the issue was just capacity. I saw a modest increase in my market share but not much and. They still hold about 2/3 of the market share. Is there anything else I might be missing?
megapolis
Level 6 user

Re: Help overtaking a market leader

Post by megapolis »

I can suggest three things.
1. AI always covers all cities. You have to have stores in all the cities.
2. Retail stores throughoutput. If your stores are still lvl1 then you bumped into their capacity. Look at utilization bars in them to find it out.
3. Customer traffic index. I know that this feature is already several years old but it is still a novelty for me. As far as I understand, customer traffic index will limit percentage of customers who will pass by your store and buy jeans from you. Maybe opening a second store in every city will help.
PinoX7
Level 2 user

Post by PinoX7 »

I am going to make a guess, I have not done this scenario. However you can set up distribution warehouses in each city. Retailers can be enticed by low freight costs.
chengtsai
Level 4 user

Post by chengtsai »

Easy
1. Purchase your competitor's stock to 75% and pause the game.
2. Destruct all of your competitor's stores. Literally, shut all of them down.
3. Dump all stock holdings for that company. If you don't, the stock price will likely to crumble.