Preview of the new Government mode features

Post by David »

Preview of the new Government mode features:
http://www.capitalismlab.com/government-mode.html
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Preview of the new Government mode features

Post by David »

I was wondering if anybody has any feedback to the preview of this new feature.
piermario
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by piermario »

Ciao! Actually i'm not fans of this expansion, i think could be a SimCity clone, but i'm sure i will like on playing.
P.
Arcnor
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by Arcnor »

I like the idea of it and I look forward to testing it out.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

Thanks for the feedback.

Actually we intended to avoid direct competition with SimCity and other city simulation games by focusing on the economic aspects of cities instead - something that existing city simulators only cover very lightly.
megapolis
Level 6 user

Post by megapolis »

Hi David,

Yes, we need a feature that will allow us (the business) some additional interaction with city authorities but I doubt that it is a good idea to switch sides and play as the city government.

The biggest problems are roads that have to be re-laid, City Buildings that should be relocated and city facilities transfer from business to city.

We don't need to think what is best for city. The city have to think for itself and interact with us on these topics.

Regards,
megapolis
ba127
Level 2 user

Post by ba127 »

Yes, the gameplay of you serving both the government and corporation seems very tricky to pull off. Both modes by themselves seem very interesting though.

I'm sure the dev team is thinking through how to make it work. The only thing that comes to my mind is maybe if you are elected mayor that you have to take a leave of absence from your corporation for the duration of your term.
WilliamMGary
Level 9 user

Post by WilliamMGary »

Will there be elections by the AI population and zoning etc initially will be done by AI in a logical manner, and after the CEO? Can you be mayor of more than one city at a time? If something arises while you're CEO of your company how will those notifications appear work? Will you have a Deputy Mayor you can delegate items to?....just a lot of information left out here....

Can your Executives run for office and/or your competitors?
Darcon
Level 2 user

Post by Darcon »

I really like the concept of where you're heading with this. Love the zoning idea and looking forward to seeing how the rest of it comes together. I tend to develop my cities quite a bit and love the idea of that expense not falling on the company to provide things such as fire departments, police stations, city hall, etc. Hospitals, sports related venues, museums and things like still make sense for a company to own and operate and would be nice if there were some gain in doing so. As it stands now, this is all just to drive up land value/rent. Would also be nice, and if I missed it my apologies, there was a way to sell land to AI competitors.

I don't think this DLC will detract from the core concept of the game and will actually add to the continued longevity and enjoyment. I've said it before but its worth repeating; I am amazed that, all these years later, a game I bought (cap2) purely at random has not only remained one of my most played games but it is now updated and expanded upon is incredible. You all deserve far more credit than this small community can give for doing what so many in the industry don't.