Suggestion: A configurable personal compound

City Economic Simulation DLC for Capitalism Lab
WilliamMGary
Level 9 user

Suggestion: A configurable personal compound

Post by WilliamMGary »

I decided that this would make a good feature in the city economic simulation as it seems to be an element that will take the focus away from the "Core" functional of running a multi-billion dollar business.

We honestly need a way to spend our Personal in game wealth that will make us look forward to payday and actually have something to spend our salary on with the popularity of Minecraft I would like to buy land using my in-game person and be able to build out a plot or two of land and over time build a compound kinda simish. Hire security guards (monthly personal expense), a butler, buy some cars (mostly for display), build a barn, have horses etc. Have a private plane, a landing script etc.
City Builder
Level 5 user

Re: Suggestion: A configurable personal compound

Post by City Builder »

Honestly I could see it working more like a vault of items.

Inside the vault you could buy houses around the world, fancy cars, other big boy toys etc. Then when you want to see it you simply go into your vault to see all the stuff you've managed to buy with your wealth. I see that happening much more than anything that actually shows up on the map. Perhaps having the mansion clickable and then that shows your vault with all your items that you've spent you ill gotten gains on.
WilliamMGary
Level 9 user

Post by WilliamMGary »

I'm thinking in the City economic Sim there's going to be the ability to place things on the map.

I want home/mansion building tools and monthly expenses. A vault seems boring considering this is a game where you build a business empire.
ba127
Level 2 user

Post by ba127 »

It seems like the running for mayor or buying a new city is going to be a new money sink for personal money. But agreed that could really be expanded.

Personal "trophies" seems like a good one. Maybe something with donating to charity? Or a "social activity" spending for throwing lavish parties?

Some ideas on impact of this sort of spending:
1. Could have an impact of increasing your relationship with people that live in your same city (more likely to work for you, etc).
2. Powers a personal reputation in your city or globally, which maybe boosts sales in your company or there is something like a "person of the year"
3. Maybe if you donate/build a civic building, it gets named after you?
City Builder
Level 5 user

Post by City Builder »

ba127 wrote:It seems like the running for mayor or buying a new city is going to be a new money sink for personal money. But agreed that could really be expanded.

Personal "trophies" seems like a good one. Maybe something with donating to charity? Or a "social activity" spending for throwing lavish parties?

1. Could have an impact of increasing your relationship with people that live in your same city (more likely to work for you, etc).
2. Powers a personal reputation in your city or globally, which maybe boosts sales in your company or there is something like a "person of the year"
I like those, and I could see it that if your personal reputation is raised through donations, or building civic buildings then anything that is set to be your distinct brand would have a boost to sales and be more desirable to both buyers and other corporations to sell in their retail stores.

Then maybe if you do enough cities like this you get more of a global brand boost in all cities that surpasses local boosts when you get into the market in all cities.
WilliamMGary
Level 9 user

Post by WilliamMGary »

ba127 wrote:It seems like the running for mayor or buying a new city is going to be a new money sink for personal money. But agreed that could really be expanded.

I love this! This could be tied into Personal Relationships with other executives, if you donate in cities that they operate or just period you gain some influence with them. Really like the Personal Reputation and Company Reputation (if the company donates) gives them a sales boost at their firms. I also like the ability for the Civic buildings to be name after the person who donates it in addition to the reputation and community benefits.

These would be excellent for the City Economic Simulation. Thanks for helping me expand upon this idea.
Arcnor
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by Arcnor »

I like this idea.