Store Policies & Hours

City Economic Simulation DLC for Capitalism Lab
megapolis
Level 6 user

Re: Store Policies & Hours

Post by megapolis »

No, you don't understand what I don't like.

I spent 10 minutes to watch a couple of your videos. I did not listen to your whispers so maybe I don't understand your brilliant cosplay but I found out several things.

1. You think that it's ok to waste a googol bucks on training in R&D firms when they are already maxed out 300 years ago. And on the other hand your stores are not maxed out and don't cover demand.
2. You waste another googol bucks on warehouses with one input and one output. (it can be ok for raw materials but not for finished goods)
3. You don't optimize your transport expenses (factory should be placed either close to the store or close to resource with biggest traffic costs)
4. You spend a googol bucks on advertizing on other's media firms while 300 years are more than enough to build own media empire that will be able to service your advertizing needs.
5. You have another googol on your bank account (and another one on your personal wallet) while you should invest every dollar in expanding your business.

That's all only at a first glance. I did not make a second glance because my eyes were bleeding. I wish I could unsee your videos.
And after that you really think that you can have an opinion on cost reduction or have a right to express it?
WilliamMGary
Level 9 user

Post by WilliamMGary »

megapolis wrote:No, you don't understand what I don't like.

I spent 10 minutes to watch a couple of your videos. I did not listen to your whispers so maybe I don't understand your brilliant cosplay but I found out several things.

1. You think that it's ok to waste a googol bucks on training in R&D firms when they are already maxed out 300 years ago. And on the other hand your stores are not maxed out and don't cover demand.
2. You waste another googol bucks on warehouses with one input and one output. (it can be ok for raw materials but not for finished goods)
3. You don't optimize your transport expenses (factory should be placed either close to the store or close to resource with biggest traffic costs)
4. You spend a googol bucks on advertizing on other's media firms while 300 years are more than enough to build own media empire that will be able to service your advertizing needs.
5. You have another googol on your bank account (and another one on your personal wallet) while you should invest every dollar in expanding your business.

That's all only at a first glance. I did not make a second glance because my eyes were bleeding. I wish I could unsee your videos.
And after that you really think that you can have an opinion on cost reduction or have a right to express it?
So we go from discussing an idea to a personal attack nice.

1. So I do (and so does the AI) spend money on training in R&D firms, it may be a waste of money but I like to at least "invest" in having lvl
9 just in case I don't want a CTO anymore.
2. I've made an adjustment on that and use two input and one output and it still not enough
3. I don't think min-transportation expenses is more important then making the management of a multi-billion dollar company easier (guess i'm not a min/max player)
4. t may have taken me longer to build the media empire but I eventually did and of course only advertise via my own media firms.
5. I had a bad experience with that game/company where I had to bail it out by issuing shares and ever since I was ultra conservative with cash and invetory..
6....or whatever number it was in that game I didn't pay attention enough to training the retail stores but I have in the new beta releases.

That game I continued to play and owned 55-58% of retail, have trillions of dollars in cash (the game stopped revaluing the money at some point) and the company just earn hundreds of billion of dollars with little or no effort, however, the small cities which we maintained a presence in for defensive reason stores don't make any money and due to the lack of the game to handle massive scale I never had the time to spend playing in those markets trying little things to see if I could turn a profit.

Also that was the first Capitalism Lab game I played after playing Capitalism II for a while so there was a lot of things I was learning and interacting with but I'm very happy with my where I ended up and yes I made some mistakes and/or took too longer to accomplish somethings but the great thing about tycoon games is even if you make mistakes you learn, correct them, and move forward.

I have a right, ability and intellect to express, discuss, propose any idea/suggestion I think I and/or other players might enjoy. At those stages of the game I was focused more on building the company and not so much on expense management because we did have a nice war chest to get us through any hard times which also would be able to buy us time if we needed to dramatically cut expenses.
megapolis
Level 6 user

Post by megapolis »

Oh, now I am a bad boy.
Unfortunately I know what a discussion is and you did not participate when I tried to start one.

By the way now I know that you are able to defend yourself when someone questions your competence. At least you tried. It was the first feedback I had from you.
But you did not even try to defend your brilliant idea. It means that it did not worth a try.
WilliamMGary
Level 9 user

Post by WilliamMGary »

:?