R&D + Radical R&D

Post here if you have any strategy tips to share
WilliamMGary
Level 9 user

R&D + Radical R&D

Post by WilliamMGary »

So I read over the documentation of the Radical R&D and the only thing I would be interested in is a major leap in technology advance which has a 33% rate of success. The risk here is of course the success rate. The way its laid out everyone will initially think that during the time of the Radical R&D process you will not be making any progress hoping for a hail berry of sorts which is most likely not to happen.

So I thought how could I minimize the risk (I tend to play with technology disruption) of wasting years hoping for a major advance in technology that is likely not to come. So I thought about it (haven't tried it) based on how the game currently works IN THEORY, I could have a standard R&D unit researching my desired product in two year intervals while ALSO having a radical R&D attempting to make a break through. If the radical R&D project is successful the advance may not be as large as it was originally expected to be (due to the technology advancements we made in the standard R&D unit), however if the project fails then no harm no foul just a lost of the budget that went to the Radical R&D Project.

Thoughts?
WilliamMGary
Level 9 user

Re: R&D + Radical R&D

Post by WilliamMGary »

So this has been working out pretty well. The only thing you want to ensure is that the regular R&D and the Radical R&D are on different time frames so that you have time to adjust one or the other depending on the result. For example if the Radical is successful and takes your technology to a higher level you may want to restart the normal R&D at this higher level.

I recently had a failed Radical R&D project but because my fail safe of the normal R&D is in place it wasn't a total lost.
Attachments
rrd.JPG
rrd.JPG (132.53 KiB) Viewed 3156 times
Jaskan
Level 2 user

Post by Jaskan »

thanks for the tip. wish there was a way to automate this Radical RD +Normal RD without having to micromanage, example having to reset Normal RD if radical has success.

Generally Radical RD great idea, but maybe it could help with redesign to reduce micromanage

till then will try your technique

cheers
WilliamMGary
Level 9 user

Post by WilliamMGary »

Let me know how it goes!
Jaskan
Level 2 user

Post by Jaskan »

Ok done some testing.

Got to say, the best place to get testimonials is in posts like this, Sub DLC is Superb!!, Completes the circle.

Regards Radical RD finally settled for method that allows me to use time acceleration without worry.

I rely heavily on Real Estate money so speed up quite a bit.

current method works by like this, I have subsidiary that's producing and doing his own normal RD.

I have my own company where I do only radical RD where I think Subsidiary could do with help.
1. If Radical RD fails, Subsidiary has his own RD
2,Radical RD pass, when I notice my tech is higher than subsidiary, I use subsidiary headquarters to buy the tech from me.

I find Micromanage very expensive, so always avoid it where possible, in this case I just randomly check
if subsidiary could do with help from mad scientists at Parent Company.

And that how it is in real life, The Engineers are at the subsidiary, Mad scientists at Parent company, mine are so clever, they don't even remember to wash, But their SmartPhone is got the whole town going Wow.

I just let the mad scientists keep rolling around 3 year repeat for maximum gain , I think 500%. Fails a couple of times, but its sweet when it works. Also selling this tech to subsidiary is a nice way to get cash back from subsidiary without having to wait for dividend or sell subsidiary stock.
WilliamMGary
Level 9 user

Post by WilliamMGary »

Jaskan wrote:Ok done some testing.

Got to say, the best place to get testimonials is in posts like this, Sub DLC is Superb!!, Completes the circle.

Regards Radical RD finally settled for method that allows me to use time acceleration without worry.

I rely heavily on Real Estate money so speed up quite a bit.

current method works by like this, I have subsidiary that's producing and doing his own normal RD.

I have my own company where I do only radical RD where I think Subsidiary could do with help.
1. If Radical RD fails, Subsidiary has his own RD
2,Radical RD pass, when I notice my tech is higher than subsidiary, I use subsidiary headquarters to buy the tech from me.

I find Micromanage very expensive, so always avoid it where possible, in this case I just randomly check
if subsidiary could do with help from mad scientists at Parent Company.

And that how it is in real life, The Engineers are at the subsidiary, Mad scientists at Parent company, mine are so clever, they don't even remember to wash, But their SmartPhone is got the whole town going Wow.

I just let the mad scientists keep rolling around 3 year repeat for maximum gain , I think 500%. Fails a couple of times, but its sweet when it works. Also selling this tech to subsidiary is a nice way to get cash back from subsidiary without having to wait for dividend or sell subsidiary stock.
Nice! I really liked the idea of the Radical R&D but thought the potential for failure was too great of a risk until I brainstormed this method as a way to minimize it. It's great when it succeeds. I kinda prefer the 50% chance R&D when I first start this duo, but then I went to the 25% just to get the massive gains.