Would you want to buy other things outside of your business?

You may post your suggestions about Capitalism Lab here

Would you want to be able to spend your cash on other things other than business oppertunitys?

Poll ended at Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:28 pm

Do you want to buy something outside of whats currently offered?
7%
Leave it as it is?
2%
Buy airports?
11%
Buy Football teams, for the stadiums that you can now build?
13%
Stage tennis and golf compertitions at your own facilities?
9%
Use the stadium for other events and sports and own the teams?
11%
Buy sea ports?
11%
Run and Own an airline from your airport?
15%
Buy banks?
17%
Own and run a universary?
4%

Total votes: 54

baz
Level 4 user

Would you want to buy other things outside of your business?

Post by baz »

When I played Cap 2, I always found myself no matter the difficulty ending up owning the game world and had billions and billions at my disposal. I always end up so dominant, that there was no other competitor left, and they weren't able to buy shares, leaving me with the local competition only.
Yes you can buy mansions, but it the real world the rich buy islands, airports, F1 teams, football teams, fly to space ect
I think it would improve the longevity of the game personally, without starting a new game and trying something different.
I don't know if any of this is possible
Bigs
Level 2 user

Re: Would you want to buy other things outside of your busin

Post by Bigs »

I think this is a good idea. As you said, in the long term of most games you end up earning everything you can and the only real progress is that the billions are mounting up on your account.

Things to buy can be almost anything. Luxury yachts, football teams, and what have you. Some stuff might be stuff to show off your wealth. But what about other things, that gains value over time? Like art for instance? Art can be a good investment in the long term.
baz
Level 4 user

Post by baz »

I'm glad that your with me bigs, always good to have support from fellow Cap 2er :D

I think yachts would be impossible but may be a yacht club, then it's just a building with a value, rather than a vehicle that would be almost impossible to create in this type of game. Also could be used to increase land value.
Football teams would be brilliant but again i'm thinking behaving more like media companies as apposed to football manager. Football teams would need a stadium, the more money a stadium has, the better the team would be and then just rank the team, amongst the teams that are around, and let you name a team. You could have a table of 20 teams and then the more teams that were created, Corps could takeover from the CPU local competitor teams. Perhaps have a newspaper that flashes up with the rank of your team or a simple league with a list of teams at the end of the season.
I've always goto remember the game, when I think of ideas and i'm sure they could add something along these lines. At the end of the day it would behave slightly like the billionaire chart and media company's so the programming is kinda there rather than having to implement something that dosen't exist at all.

I like the sound of Art, and I would probally think you could have a museum and / or Art gallery again behaving like a media company, the more money you spend the better rank it could have. Also it could help with land prices and be another way of keeping retail in check in a city. In a european city you always have art gallerys / Museums in the heart of a city, not only for turism but also becasue they occupy valuable buildings. I would hate to guess the value of the national gallery in London, or the national museum. Only the very richest would ever think of enquiring.
Perhaps you could have a building like the O2 arena, where again the more money you invest the more prestigious events it could have. Again based on ranking, But you couldn't have more than one building like this I don't think. But you could rank it with museums and art gallerys maybe, so you have competition to keep increasing your investment. With all of these things you could have a once a year rank, so you would have to guess how much to invest if you want to be number 1. It would increase longevity but there would have to be a way of regulation so you can't own more than one of each.
Maybe a London Eye, this could be used as a Kudos for your company, away of increasing land value, and could rank along with the other things i've mentioned. perhaps all of these things could be ran as simple business that could make profit and loss and also have a great investment purpose. You could then use airports as you need business and turism for them to work. The more business and Turism, the more the airports would make or lose, perhaps tie in oil price from the local oil well aswell. I only wish I could programme or had the money to buy Enlight. I'll stop dreaming now :D
Lordprotector
Level 2 user

Post by Lordprotector »

Oh my imagination, i can't stop it now ...

In my dream you can later buy your own NASA development factory and develop a space programm, sending space ships into space, satellites, a space station, a station on the moon, even on mars, so you can develope your own city and new business grounds on a building moon / mars colony.

*blink* ups, only a dream, sorry. :roll: :oops: :oops: :oops:

To get serious again, it would be cool if something of the mentioned things like:

- Buy something outside of whats currently offered / Airports / Banks
- general meeting of shareholders
- improved business relations between firms

will be implemented additionally with the already done great modifications (unfortunately i only saw on screenshots *wanna play, wanna play*)!!! :) :D

best regards

Lordi
baz
Level 4 user

Post by baz »

Your a dreamer too, aint nothing wrong with that Lordi. Soon it will be time to take this thread forward, but we need more support in the polls.
Virgin ( UK company ) will be flying into space very soon, so if it can be done in real life, then why not in the game :D
Keep the ideas and dreams alive Lordi :lol:
On a more serious note, I guess we need to start thinking of frameworks and mechanics, ( Check my other posts for explanantions )
We'll probally need to break down the poll and thread into more specific threads relating to each item, I have a current poll for banks, and airports already. I'll let the poll run to see what comes of it, before we work out the way forward.