Customer demand

General discussions about the release versions of Capitalism Lab
moneytheory
Level 4 user

Customer demand

Post by moneytheory »

I have a apparel shop with a customer demand of 69 however it is loosing money. How do i rectified this?
eleaza
Level 8 user

Re: Customer demand

Post by eleaza »

What do you mean customer demand? traffic index? It might be easier to analysis what's going on with a save file or screen shots of that firm's financial reports.
E is for Endear, all cute and cuddly
L is for Luxury, longing for splendid
E is for Elate, making others happy
A is for Amenable, a serene nature
Z is for Zeal, zest for wonderful life
A is for Admirers, all of you love me
therealevan
Level 4 user

Post by therealevan »

moneytheory wrote:I have a apparel shop with a customer demand of 69 however it is loosing money. How do i rectified this?
Seems pretty straight forward to figure out your issue. Go to the firm's financial report and you will see what's causing your losses. Just because your firm has a high traffic rating doesn't mean it will generate profits, sometimes you have to figure out the pricing structure of the goods you're buying and selling to get the margin you need.
moneytheory
Level 4 user

Post by moneytheory »

Here are some snap shots.

eleaza
Level 8 user

Post by eleaza »

Your overall income statement seems OK, you are making profit in general. But in order to find out what's the individual store/firm issue, you need to check "firm financial reports" of that particular firm. The big golden $ sign/button in the middle of the store screen (right below the giant golden ? sign, and above training budget)

And from the huge demand and supply difference (and most of them are seaport goods in the screen shot) I would guess it's mainly the issue of insufficient supply. Seaport goods are very limited, not able to supply many purchasers. So the monthly sales amount of this store in very limited (as you can see most units are completely empty, just idling), hence not much revenue, let alone profit.
E is for Endear, all cute and cuddly
L is for Luxury, longing for splendid
E is for Elate, making others happy
A is for Amenable, a serene nature
Z is for Zeal, zest for wonderful life
A is for Admirers, all of you love me